revo tension cap adjustment question from nick

Started by alantani, February 20, 2013, 04:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

QuoteHi, Alan.   I read the mainteance section for my reel on your site. Thank you very much for the info, but have a question about my spool tension adjust.   I have a abu revo inshore baitcaster (generation2 silver model, not the new gen 3).  When I have the tension adjustment nob set to max it works for 1/2 oz lures (ie the lure slowly goes down to the floor when I run my test). Anything over 1/2 oz and the lures go straight down as if the spool tension is not working.  This is my first baitcaster so not sure if 1/2 oz lures is the limit for spool tension or should I expect more adjustment range.  Any help would be much appreciated. I really like the reel so far but this is the only baitcaster I have so I cant compare it to anything.  Thanks,  --Nick

you should be able to adjust the tension to even stop the spool with several ounces.  adding a metal shim under the spool cap might help,  you can use any material you have available.  the polyethylene plastic from a jug of milk would work well, or aluminum from a soda can. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!