Main Menu

Lures Section

Started by Bryan Young, February 22, 2013, 05:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

If you haven't already noticed, if you make, modify and rig your own lures, as a hobby or professionally, this section is for you  :D  Enjoy!
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Benni3

My dad got some vintage lures at a sale,,,I cant find a thread for this,,,,but that's ok,,,,, ;D

Gfish

Looks like a Hellbender(a good imitation of the Bommer Waterdog), 2-Cordell--?Shad?, jointed Jitterbug, Hula Popper with a maribou tail.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Swami805

Those are nice, I think the one at the bottom right is a heddon sonic? Bet they'd still work
Do what you can with that you have where you are

bhale1

I bet they would all still work, fish have not seen them in a long while ;D
Brett
I'm just afraid of losing some of my oldies like that!!!!

Brewcrafter

Those are some great lures!

Gfish

A cheap wallyworld spoon and a nice but expensive Luhr Jensen Krocodile. Doll eyes with super glue, artist's perm. markers, flashy fly tiers tail material. I like to keep the flashy stuff sparse and the added colors muted. Improvements for fish attracting??? At least it makes me feel that way.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Benni3

Thank you my friends,,,,, :D  that Jensen krocodile is very cool,,,I like vintage and antique lures alot,,,but they just don't pop up here that much anymore,,,,antique dealers like to paint them and make nautical themes  :'(   anybody here would like to post some cool lures,,, :o ;) ;D

gstours

This reminds me of when I was a kid looking in my gramps swing out cantelivered tray metal tackle box.  I,d love to do that all again. ;)
       Thanks benni....... :)

Sfbaymike

These are some old lures I found at my father-in-law's house. They have been in the shadow bow for 10 years. I do not know much about them, just thought they were cool.

Benni3

That's a very nice collection and if you look them up on ebay,,, :o you might be surprised,,,,,, ;D

foakes

Quote from: Sfbaymike on February 09, 2019, 04:31:08 PM
These are some old lures I found at my father-in-law's house. They have been in the shadow bow for 10 years. I do not know much about them, just thought they were cool.

Nice selection and display, Mike —

I see at least (3) baits in that group that are tough patterns to find.

Here is an old Zink Screwtail from 1946.  Friend of mine found it hanging in his grandad's old shop up in Oregon.  Gave it to me as a gift.

Wood body that augers through the water — Bakelite or plastic head with a two position adjustable metal diving/planing feature — weed guards...

Just a kind of a neat old bait.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Sfbaymike

Awesome looking old lure Fred

Gfish

Wow, Fred, could that be onea those designed to catch the fisherman, insteada the fish?

SFbaymike, welcome. That 3-treble hook plug in the top-right corner kinda looks like a Heddon Dogweack(spelling?). I've got an old version with 2 trebles on each side + the tail(total-5), 2- propellers, hexagon shaped body(cross section) and no, it don't float. One a the propellers on mine has the name. A gift from Gramps, tooth holes(probably N. Pike) and all.

Edit: Looked it up and mine is Heddon "Dowagiac" Game Fish Minnow, #00, circa 1912. SFbaymike's is a Pfluger-Neverfail, from aprox. the same era, thanks Fred(who copied who?). Dowagiac, MI, is the hometown of the Heddon company. No pictures, mine's in another location.

Benni3

Quote from: foakes on February 09, 2019, 06:26:34 PM
Quote from: Sfbaymike on February 09, 2019, 04:31:08 PM

Nice selection and display, Mike —

I see at least (3) baits in that group that are tough patterns to find.

Here is an old Zink Screwtail from 1946.  Friend of mine found it hanging in his grandad's old shop up in Oregon.  Gave it to me as a gift.

Wood body that augers through the water — Bakelite or plastic head with a two position adjustable metal diving/planing feature — weed guards...

Just a kind of a neat old bait.

Best,

Fred
love it,,, :D that's got to be a difficult fine,,,,, ;D