Penn 113H with Accuframe

Started by SharkFisher, February 24, 2013, 05:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SharkFisher

I just purchased a 113H with an Accuframe upgrade from a friend for bottom fishing, he used the original screws from the reel, is it supposed to have longer screws all around, (I expected to see the end of the threads near the bottom of each mounting hole in the frame)? If so, where can I purchase them, Thanks.

I like the look of this frame and want another.

alantani

i've been thinking for a long time about getting some 5-40 stainless steel oval head machine screws made.  mysticparts.com might have some. not sure about anyone else.  been looking for a very long time.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Irish Jigger

Must be the most difficult slotted/Phillips oval head size  machine screw to get in stainless steel.
Only Penn appear to have them, but at $0.60 each they are not cheap.

SharkFisher

What is the length on those 5-40 screws, it seems that near the frame the current ones could be a tad longer. I pulled out the calipers and they measure 1/2 inch (original post screws). Should I even be concerned ? I just thought that the Accuframes came with different screws.

alantani

you can reuse the original screws.  lots of people have done that and not had a problem.  as always, make sure there is grease on the screws first. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

SharkFisher

Thanks, I will just leave it alone, and yep, I do an Alan rebuild on all my reels, a new one doesn't even get fished until I do. I cannot find that TSI 301 lube, the site www.detectorbuy.com has been down also. Any other supplier?

JasonF

I know that my 9/0 Accuframe did not come with screws.  Does not seem to need them.