Mini handle 6600c 3ld

Started by Alto Mare, February 27, 2013, 10:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallacewt

"i removed the anodizing"
looks great! how did you know what was underneath ;)

Zinox

I was pretty sure it was just plain aluminium but tried with one of them first, to make sure i didn't  ruin them both.

I used Caustic soda(?) in water to remove it, and it was very very effective :P

wallacewt

Zinox

Just received a EVA knob its realy nice and only weights 11gram, iv'e had problems with my power handle reengage during cast, but this works great, and no matter what i do it only engage the reel when i turn the handle myself :)

Now i just need to make a proper counter weight instead of the coins :P

wallacewt

re-engage,  i haven,t had that happen to me yet.
for your counter weight you might like to try
a lead sinker,paint, and epoxy.(saltydog style, lures site)

KYwoodsman

I kind of like the coins as a counter weight. Different anyway! :o

Ken_D

How about something like this for a counter wt???     http://tinyurl.com/blhg679  

Cheap like borscht !!

Zinox

It's always a god idea to bring some cash along :P even if its only a dollar :P

Bryan Young

At least with that reel, you'll never be poor.  There is an Asian thing that if you give a purse or wallet, you should never give it empty signifying that you are poor.  We always include some money, even a penny so that you are never poor and your wallet or purse will be filled with money.  
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Mandelstam

Quote from: Zinox on March 26, 2013, 06:20:53 PM
Just received a EVA knob its realy nice and only weights 11gram, iv'e had problems with my power handle reengage during cast, but this works great, and no matter what i do it only engage the reel when i turn the handle myself :)

Now i just need to make a proper counter weight instead of the coins :P

I think the coins look awesome! Maybe change the nut to a nice little capped one. Doesn't get any more ghetto than that! :)
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

wallacewt

looks gd, i like ken-d screw ons as well.