5:1 Ratio 316 SUS Gear Set For JigMaster 500/501

Started by Black Pearl, March 19, 2013, 11:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LuckyFish

mbg60

Bryan Young

Just to clarify,

The proposed gear set is similar to this:

I proposed to Alan that the area where the drags sit should be deeper to allow a 5 CF drag stack as:

based on my conversation with Gene.  What do you guys think?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Black Pearl

That will be a customize gear. It will be for this site only. I will have to have 50 sets to make this special gear happens.

Quote from: Bryan Young on April 16, 2013, 08:14:59 PM
Just to clarify,

The proposed gear set is similar to this:

I proposed to Alan that the area where the drags sit should be deeper to allow a 5 CF drag stack as:

based on my conversation with Gene.  What do you guys think?

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

Ron Jones

I personally would rather have the hex gear. The drag range for 5+1 carbontex or hex HT-100 are comperable and the HT-100 is cheaper and more available.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Black Pearl

I think we need a new thread for this customize gear set. What do you think?

Bryan Young

If this will be a customized gear set, it's not worth it guys.  Just a suggestion for the gear set offered that way you have an option of a 3 stack or 5 stack.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

WTFOBaja

I'm in for two sets if they will fit the 505. Cheers neal.

Black Pearl

Quote from: WTFOBaja on April 23, 2013, 05:02:28 AM
Hi Neal,

This will not fit JigMaster 505. The 505 is already 5:1 ratio, but it is not in stainless steel.

Thanks,
--Alan

Bryan Young

Quote from: Black Pearl on April 23, 2013, 04:30:52 PM
Hi Neal,

This will not fit JigMaster 505. The 505 is already 5:1 ratio, but it is not in stainless steel.

Thanks,
--Alan
Hi Alan,

What pattern did you use as a reference?  Newell gears, Penn Gears, Accurate Gears, or on of your own design?

Neal, the main gear will fit.  The pinion, I cannot remember, was the 500/501 ID larger than the 505/506?  If it's larger, then it would work.  If it's smaller, then you will need to boar it out and then it would work.

By the way, what is the ETA on the gears?

Bryan

Alto Mare

The 500 jigmaster pinion gear will fit the 505. Its a little lose on the spool shaft, but definitely usable. I like mine tight though.
The main gear is the same.
You could also make the 505 pinion work in a 500, by making some little modifications.
We like modifications around here, Neal, as you'll find out soon enough ;D
enjoy your stay, by the way.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Black Pearl

Quote from: Bryan Young on April 23, 2013, 05:51:27 PM
Quote from: Black Pearl on April 23, 2013, 04:30:52 PM
Hi Neal,

Thanks,
--Alan
Hi Alan,

What pattern did you use as a reference?  Newell gears, Penn Gears, Accurate Gears, or on of your own design?

Neal, the main gear will fit.  The pinion, I cannot remember, was the 500/501 ID larger than the 505/506?  If it's larger, then it would work.  If it's smaller, then you will need to boar it out and then it would work.

By the way, what is the ETA on the gears?

Bryan
Hi Bryan,

We will use the 505 as a reference to make it fit with 500/501. The 500/501 pinion ID is lager than 505. Currently, the resource is doing the mass production of the 113H, and he is working on the 114H. Then, it will be the 500/501.

My resource does not like to rush into anything because he always wants to make sure his workmanship is prefect before anything else.

Bryan Young

Probably not with the metal washers that are available. We would need to go to a thinner material and if that, a stronger and therefore more expensive material.  I will talk with Lee if he can get some cut.