Comparision on 113H Gear between Ebay one and 316 SUS in pictures

Started by Black Pearl, March 21, 2013, 07:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Pearl

This morning I received 17 sets of the 316 SUS gear set and the Ebay gear set from my resource.

The pinion gear feels a little lighter on weight. I don't have the scale to compare it. I just sent out a set to Sal and a set to Dom. We will see what they have to say.

Here are few pictures I just took.

alantani

not sure they would function differently, but there is a clear visual difference.  well done, sir!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: alantani on March 21, 2013, 09:05:37 PM
not sure they would function differently, but there is a clear visual difference.  well done, sir!
x2

RowdyW

Black Pearl

Quote from: RowdyW on March 21, 2013, 11:32:02 PM
X3 , can't wait to get them.

Hi,

I sent you a PM. Please check your PM. Your set is waiting for you right now.

Thanks,
--Alan

Keta

It's hard to tell for sure from the photos and the plating but the pinion on the right appearers to be cast.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Cone

Alan, Your gears look much better! I look forward to getting my set and the sets for the 114h and Jigmaster. Thanks for coming through for us!   Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

coonhound

Quote from: Keta on March 21, 2013, 11:50:00 PM
It's hard to tell for sure from the photos and the plating but the pinion on the right appearers to be cast.

You certainly do not see any machining- that's for sure!

CaptKev

"grease on the carbon fiber drag washers if you prefer a smoother drag with less range"

I found this quote on the Ebay ad. So greasing the washers actually decreases the drag range? I'm going to buy some of these sets but was very curious about this statement. 

Ron Jones

Several people have performed tests, including Tiburon engineering, that demonstrate that the addition of Teflon based drag grease to carbon fiber drag disks reduces the absolute maximum drag numbers. However, the grease dramatically increases the smoothness of the drag and, in my opinion, increases the usable range of drag for a specific instalation.

The decrease is expected when you realize that PTFE (Teflon) has a lower coeficient of drag than the woven carbon fiber used for drag disks.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

broschro

once you grease your Drags with Cals,you will never go back ;)

borchcl

Alan, The Ebay gears look like they have been tumbled in a cement mixer with some concrete blocks. My set is in transit. Thanks!
Charlie

Alto Mare

Quote from: noyb72 on November 08, 2013, 06:42:40 PM
Several people have performed tests, including Tiburon engineering, that demonstrate that the addition of Teflon based drag grease to carbon fiber drag disks reduces the absolute maximum drag numbers. However, the grease dramatically increases the smoothness of the drag and, in my opinion, increases the usable range of drag for a specific instalation.

The decrease is expected when you realize that PTFE (Teflon) has a lower coeficient of drag than the woven carbon fiber used for drag disks.

Ron
Our boss told us about it a while back, he now has almost 100% using it here and backing him up....stick with Cal's on carbon washers ;).
You've mentioned Tiburon, I don't get as excited as I used to when I hear Tiburon. :-\
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Ron Jones

I don't either necessarily, they are just the only manufacturer that has published some testing concerning greased CF drags.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

greasing is the way, the only way. now let me go back to the gears from ebay and black pearl. i bought the ebay one's before BP's because they were available first but i prefer BP's because of quality fit etc...btw never anybody interested in buying my ebay ones. ;D ;D ;D ;D