9/7/04 - the ritz, san g and pescadero

Started by alantani, December 10, 2008, 12:23:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

fished with an old friend today. we decided on a leisurely day of fishing out of hmb. we started at the ritz and picked a half dozen large blues and a 31 inch ling (yeah, baby!) . i also got a half dozen 12-14 inch jack smelt for my new live bait tank. the bite slowed, so we cruised down to san gregorio. ted napped. i sent a jacksmelt to the bottom and immediately picked up a hitchhiker ling. it let go as soon as he saw the boat. too bad, he was probably legal. after that, it was pretty dead , so we headed down to pescadero. ted and i stuck three cabs, a bunch more blues and i nailed a 14 pound ling on another jack smelt. we ran with john and gordon aboard the "anne chovy" all day. nice to have a running partner. they picked up a near 10 pound vermillion a pescadero.

we ended up at pescadero today, 50 feet of water. we ran down to the 37.15 line and started our drift there. good fishing. live jacksmelt with a single treble hook top down through the nose, 3 foot 20# leader, 8 ounces of lead on a slider or banana swivel, 20# main line, 4 pounds of drag worked for me. bounce the bottom and hang on!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!