jigging master docking set

Started by alantani, January 24, 2010, 06:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

Alan, Do you know anything about these aussie accurate upgrades?

http://www.jiggingmaster-ag.com/view_product_d.asp?id=73

I'll bet a lot of members of your website would be interested if they work.  Mike

interesting.  i've had a pair of 665's break on me.  it was the boss 2-speed shifter (key #90).  

http://www.accuratefishing.com/pdfs/B2.IPB.pdf

photos to follow.......

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

hafnor

Anyone done this? If the accurates anti reverse is having problems handling big fish this would be the solution...? People are choosing the jigging master reels over the accurates just because of this "problem" will this make the reel similar to the JM?

alantani

i haven't.  i think that the older boss series is less likely to fail because it has two AR bearing, one on top of the other.  the new extreme series has only one AR bearing.  i have heard from to different people about three extreme reels that failed.  until i see the reel, it is all just rumor, very scary rumor. 

hafnor

Scary, I do not like this at all. This docking set looks tricky to assemble though. The drag plate goes along with the anti reverse bracket, but the dogs and its seat have to be screwd into the spool. this must mean that we will have to drill a small house that fits the screws perfect and it must be alligned with high precission as the dogs must fit perfectly to the bracket...  Does this make sense Alan?

alantani

i think it is workable, but perhaps no necessary if you lube your anti-reverse roller bearings with corrosion x and keep the drag pressure down to something reasonable. 

hafnor

Okey, thank you alan. how come you recomend so light oil and not grease on this bearing?

alantani

it's a compromise.  grease works better to protect, but is too thick and may promote slippage.  dry will insure that there is no slippage, but corrosion becomes a problem.  corrosion x seems to be the best compromise between the two. 

Jim

I believe, although I'm not 100% certain, there was a patent issue with this product.
Anybody from Acc got the inside on this?

hafnor

I do not know, but I would like to know if there is any. Altough it does look like it is out of the marked, can not find it anywhere