brass spacers in a penn torque 200

Started by alantani, January 24, 2010, 10:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

Alan,

I hate to bother you on this, but I'm having a heck of a time with this TRQ200 rebuild. I had it rebuilt by a guy several years ago and he did a poor job - stripped screws, etc.  Anyway, after replacing a bunch of parts, reassembling, etc - I have it about ready to button up with the exception of :

1) A couple of brass spacers that aren't showing up on the Penn TRQ200 schematic. See attached pic:

2) I'm guessing these are used to adust the side to side float of the spool. If not - how does one do that on this reel? I believe at least one goes under the large bearing on the handle side to make sure that bearing doesn't slip back toward the spool and out of it's intended spot in the right face plate. But, the spool still exhibits excessive side to side play and will disengage from the spindle gear if it moves too far to the left side and away from the handle.

Any help you can give me would be appreciated!  Dean

dean, i pulled the schematic from www.mystcparts.com http://www.mystcparts.com/Assets/images/pennparts/schematics/trq200.pdf  i always use this site because they will make corrections to the penn schematics when they find problems.  i could not find these washers either.  i'm going to have to find a reel and pull it apart.  stay tuned........

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackles old online store over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!