Bearing Upgrade in the Shimano Charter Special

Started by tomartomau, April 20, 2013, 12:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomartomau

Hi everyone, and thank you for the opportunity to join the site. I hope that in time I can provide some guidance as a lot of you are currently doing.

I have a question regarding the upgrading of the Speedmaster IV (carbon drag washer/lapping washers and bearing upgrade)
I am looking at the schematic of the IV and part number "90" which is the bearing on the right hand side. Is this the bearing that is replaced in the upgrade or does the IV have the bearing and the previous incarnations use a bush... or maybe I am looking at the wrong part of the reel for the bush/bearing upgrade.

If at all possible could you provide the correct size bearing ie (10mm/5mm hole).

Cheeers Tony

Bryan Young

Many shimanos had bushing instead of bearing, but they were not standardized.  Can you measure the hole or the spool shaft?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

tomartomau

Thanks for the reply Brian, I am located in Australia and purchasing the two reels and ordering the washer and bearing upgrades at the same time (hopefully all arriving at a similar time).

I have contacted Boca and provided a part number and see if they can match it. The Shimano Part number is TLD 0035 (Ball Bearing).

Also I should apologise that the bearing is for a Charter Special... not the Speedmaster.

Cheers Tony