pflueger torsion 50L

Started by benzeenees, May 06, 2013, 08:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benzeenees

I have a Pflueger Torsion 50L lever drag reel that is playing up. It has been sitting for a few months (with the drag off) but was working fine last time I used it. Now the handle turns backwards allowing line to come off when any pressure is exerted on the line. The drag seems to be working fine when the handle is prevented from reversing. Any thoughts?

Bryan Young

The anti-reverse mechanism is not working. I will need to pull the schematics to know what components to know for sure.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

Looks similar to the Pflueger Contender.  I just had a 50L in for servicing in form of a plastic bag full of parts.

I was able to put this reel back together because I had a 20L and a 30L that got me started in learning about lever drag reels.

I was not able to locate the schematics for the 50L, but found a 40L if that will help.

http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/schematics/images/thumb_pdf.jpg.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

benzeenees

thanks very much. I'll pull it apart wnen I get a spare moment from fishing. Externally it looks like a big charter special.

benzeenees

I pulled it apart - very straightforward other than the fact that the gears between the body and the handle were locked together with dried grease and a little corrosion. Came apart with a little force. The anti-reverse gizmo had dried into a position where the handle could reverse. A little crc followed by some blue grease and all was OK. Greased the bearings and gears and it seems fine. Not quite like the Contender 40L schematic, but quite easy to service. Thanks for the help.

Bryan Young