a " C'MON MAN" to Orion flares

Started by seaeagle2, May 14, 2013, 01:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaeagle2

I needed some new flares, West Marine has them on sale, and there's a rebate. They come in a "new ziplock storage bag, reusable, water resistant, floats" and it has illustrated instructions on the back.  (sure I know how to use flares, but does anybody else on the boat). So to get the rebate, you have to cut the upc code out of the bag, C'MON MAN.......
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

bluefish69

So the new flares will work like Road Runner & The Wile Coyote. You cut the bag & they go Puff.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

alantani

ok, now THAT's funny.  sad, but funny! ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Fishnmike

I once bought a rifle scope that had a rebate. To get the rebate you had to fill out a form, include the UPC and the original sales reciept. Only problem was if you ever needed warenty work you needed to include..... the original sales reciept.  :(

Norcal Pescador

I know what you're sayin'. Manufacturers just don't think. Or maybe they do think of how they can stick it to you - nice rebate vs. return or warranty work on defective merchandise.  >:(
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

seaeagle2

I sent them an email, and they did respond that they were aware of an issue with the rebate instructions, and not to cut the bag, but just take a copy of the bar code and that would be fine.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson