Looking for a picture of a Bail Spring Seat - Shimano Stradic 4000 FI

Started by Jon_Kol, May 15, 2013, 07:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon_Kol

I'm currently looking at a Stradic 4000 FI, trying to get to grips with a few things. Taking the whole reel apart, I noticed that there seems to be a part missing - RD10756 Bail Spring Seat. The spring sits alone in the opening of the rotor, where it's meant to be, but there seems to be no bail spring seat there. I reckon that this is the reason the spring has a tendency to slide out of a set position, leaving the bail arm to act strange on any given time during fishing - when flipping the bail arm over to perform a cast.

The reel has been opened in the past (screws show signs of being over torqued) and it's possible that the previous owner lost the bail spring seat.. I don't know.

Looking at the schematic, I get a pretty good idea on what the spring seat looks like. However, it would be nice to see the part in a photo. Anyone here got a photo that shows this part? It doesn't have to be from the same reel, as long as the part looks about the same.

This is mostly out of my own interest, I haven't done many maintenance jobs on Shimano reels yet and I'm just curious to see if my theory might be correct - that the spring is moving a bit too much when the bail arm is flipped over.

Jon_Kol

Kyle sent me a detailed picture of this part, so I was able to figure out a solution. Thanks again, Kyle!