New Long Range Sport Fishing book

Started by Screamingreel, May 16, 2013, 01:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Screamingreel

Hello fellow fishing addicts,

Alan asked me to create a thread regarding my new book.

The title is "For the Love of Long Range Sport Fishing" - San Diego Style - An advanced guide to ocean adventures It is the follow-up advanced guide to my beginner's book. 418 pages of tools, techniques and tips! It contains over 300 full color photos and illustrations. The response has been very positive so far!

Go to longrangesportfishingsandiegostyle.com for more information and to order. It is available only on my web site for now, but it will be at the Rusty Hook and Fisherman's Landing by the end of the month. I live in Walnut Creek, so if you are local and want to arrange a pick-up to save shipping costs, let me know...925-588-8369

Text or PM me if you have questions.

Thanks everybody!

- Jeff Burroughs

Bryan Young

Aloha Jeff, 

Welcome aboard.  Not sure if you remember me though.

Thank you for the book.  I have yet to read it though, but will definitely will before my first long range (I'm hoping next year).

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ron Jones

Jeff,

Would love to read your book. Any plans for a Kindle version? It would go great on the boat with me.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

hey Bryan do you need company for your 1st  long range? if you do i'd like to go with you, my 1st too.

Bryan Young

Mel,

Sure.  Maybe it will be an all AT trip filled with all of us reel guys and gals.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Bryan Young on May 23, 2013, 03:26:11 PM
Mel,

Sure.  Maybe it will be an all AT trip filled with all of us reel guys and gals.

Bryan

I'm next on the list! Any time, any day, any length. Of course, I'll build a new dog house before I leave because I'll be living in it when I get home.  :D :o :D
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Normslanding

Hi all and Jeff. The book is great I have read it from cover to cover several times. It is a great reference with out bias. I have been lucky enough to fish with Jeff. He has fished more long range trips than most could ever dream of. The book even covers strategy which most books over look. Nice job Jeff.

rodmaker

I have no knowledge of this type of fishing so I ordered his first book, maybe after reading it I will have one entry for the bucket list. :)

didka

Hi,
Im a new member of this board. I ordered both books from Jeff. It's well worth my money. Thanks

Aiala

Quote from: Bryan Young on May 23, 2013, 03:26:11 PM
Maybe it will be an all AT trip filled with all of us reel guys and gals...

Put me in, Coach!   :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Normslanding

Heading south on the Royal Polaris for 8 days. I just glanced thru the book again to give my self tackle reminders, it's a great reference.
    Thanks Jeff.

MeanMachine

MeanMachine

USN_ED

I bought both of Jeff's books and they arrived yesterday.  They are very informative and well organized and put together.  Even if you're a seasoned, veteran, fisherman there is a wealth of information, tips, etc. in them.  Great illustrative pictures for technical issues that may come up and great general purpose pictures of fishing in general.

Winter is upon us here in Northeast CA and these two books will help keep me company when the snow flies.

Thanks Jeff for some great reading and information.
ED

TheSandyMandy

Gotta start somewhere, so I just ordered the Beginner version.
I'll give it a good once over and decide if I need the advanced version, before booking a long range trip.