Strangew Reel sighting on Ebay

Started by mrbrklyn, May 17, 2013, 02:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbrklyn

What is this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370809996993

It looks like the charter special with a different handle.

I called Shimano and the insist that is not something they are specifically familiar with, but maybe they lie :)

I thought of buying it but this guy is such a weird ebay seller... I backed off once Shimano said they couldn't ID it.

Ruben

Bryan Young

Ruben,

The reel handle matches the literature. That reel is made in Japan. If its not for the us, maybe was a reel for our Aussie or Brits brothers

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

day0ne

There is nothing wrong with that reel. It just has the older, original handle. My oldest TLD's have the same handle (5's, 10's and 15's).You can also tell it's older because it only has 3 bearings. The newest Charter Specials have 4. Triton is just Shimanos name for a series of their reels. TLD stands for "Triton Lever Drag", BTW.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

tpilk

Living and traveling throughout Asia, I continually run into models I've never seen before (other than possibly online). I had no idea how expanded most of the Japanese manufacturer product lines are over here. We only see a very limited selection in the States. It's also interesting that the US manufacturers are doing quite well in this region.