Mitchel 302 anti-reverse spring

Started by physbiz, May 30, 2013, 06:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

physbiz

Hello all. 
Have been reading Alan's wisdom for quite a while so I decided to become a member a few weeks ago.
The depth of knowledge and spirit of co-operation on this forum is very impressive, that's why I'm here.
Now to my question.
I'm trying to help a friend with his old Mitchel 302.  Everything seems ready to go but I need to see a picture of the anti reverse spring installed correctly to do the assembly.  Anyone have one to post?
Tight lines to all,
physbiz

jlezama

Hello physbiz
I have one I just rebuilt,  Will post pictures this afternoon when I come back home
Cheers
Juan

jlezama

Here are the pics, they are from a mitchell 300 hope this helps
Juan

physbiz

Thanks Juan. 
Appreciate your quick response.
Unfortunately the 300 looks nothing like the 302 inside.
Tight lines,
Physbiz

Wolli

love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

physbiz

Finally got the spring in the correct orientation and everything works fine now.
Thanks for responses.
Tight lines all,
Physbiz

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

paulo57t09

I know I'm extremely late to the party and I'm a bit reluctant to reply to a sticky, but I thought this may be of some help to others.

The Anti-Reverse Dog Spring is different between some versions of the 302.  The photo below shows a late version (1970's) in the back, an earlier version (1960's ?) in the front.  Note the springs.

I had disassembled both reels, cleaned and bagged the parts.  The only disassembly photos I had was of the early reel.  I started re-assembling the later version first and was stumped.  

Bill B

I'm really late to the party, but here is a 302 I just took apart.  Never mind the rust, it's gone now.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!