300-C Overhaul Expectations

Started by Norcal Pescador, May 31, 2013, 06:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

Quote from: Mentonemoose on June 16, 2013, 05:59:22 AM
Who has stainless dogs for penn 500s? I'd seen that someone had mentioned the were going to make some but haven't been on here for a bit. Hopefully I didn't miss out, I'd like at least 3 for my 501s that are already nearly all stainless. Newell gears, Alan's sleeve, jack, etc! ???

lee does, and so do i.  i am also putting together kits with the stainless steel gear sleeve, a stainless pin, a stainless dog and carbontex drag that goes under the main gear.  send an e-mail if you'd like any parts or all.  thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Mentonemoose

alantani

Yes!  He is the source of all stainless steel dogs!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

An order was made for another run of 15-500 dogs but the cutter is doing some maintenance on his machine but as soon as he's done I'll have more.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

BMITCH

Check with Keta. He is the man as far as many of the SS dogs.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Norcal Pescador

Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Mentonemoose

Sorry about that Rob. How did that rebuild go?

Norcal Pescador

What did I say? Looking back at my original post, the reel WILL HAVE the 5:1 gears from (BP) Alan and s/s dog. It's spooled with 300 yards of 50 pound Spectra over 40# mono. I have yet to use it.  :-\  The first trip I'll be looking for some big lingcod with it then some halibut. Because of it's great freespool I'll use it as a live bait / surface jig reel for anything under about 80 pounds. Will let you know! ;)
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Newell Nut

I believe you have built a fine reel and will have lots of fun with it. I had fun catching cobia, snapper and AJs Saturday with a Newell 322.