I GAINED 10 LBS VISITING SAL AT HIS HOME

Started by Dominick, June 03, 2013, 07:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

I don't want this to sound like a travel log.  We had to go to NY for a wedding.  Since we (my wife Linda and I) were going to be back east I decided to visit the Barnes Foundation Museum in Philadelphia.  Sal (Altomare) lives in a suburb of Philadelphia.  I emailed him and invited him and his wife, Cathy to dinner in Phillie.  Sal would have none of that, instead he insisted that we join him and his wife at his home instead.  We had a little go around about that.  I did not want him and Cathy to go through any trouble for us, especially on a week night.  We spoke on the telephone and I said we would go to his house, only if he would call and have a pizza delivered instead of cooking for us.  Sal agreed to that.

When we arrived Cathy and Sal greeted us like we were long lost relatives.  The welcome was warm and comfortable.   Well Sal lied to me about the food.  We sat in his living room where they had antipasti for us.  Sal even had gluten free beer for me.  We sat and had Pino Grigio with the antipasta.  Cathy kept jumping up and running to the kitchen and at some point hollered out "the food is ready please come to the table."  We came into the dining room and in the middle of the table was big bowl of spaghetti with a red clam sauce.  I was not happy about them going through that much trouble but was thoroughly thrilled with the clam sauce.  We ate and visited.  Then Sal got up and went into the kitchen and came out with a platter of charcoal grilled Maine lobsters, grilled lamb chops, roasted potatoes, asparagus and salad (there was enough food there to feed a village).  We then moved back to the living room and were served coffee and strawberry shortcake.  If you are ever in the area and are hungry I'll give you Sal's address.  

Here are some pictures:
Arriving at Sal's house we were dazzled by a gorgeous Japanese dogwood tree.

It was difficult to photograph such a busy tree that I put Sal in front.

Here is a picture of Sal and me at the dining room table.  I'm the guy with a lobster in my hand.  

Here I am in front of Sal's famous reel cabinet.

I got caught trying to put a reel inside of my shirt.

This is Sal and Cathy.  Also a clear example of not waiting for the camera to focus before taking the picture.  Check out the food on the table.

I went on to the Jersey Shore and got some surf fishing (well, off a jetty).  Here are a couple of photographs of my best fishing partner ever. This is my friend Joe who lives about 200 yards from this jetty. No fish that day.  The wind was blowing from the southeast at about 15 miles per hour.

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

BMITCH

Dominick, great pictures and it looks like grat fun. Thanks so much for sharing. Hope the rest of your east coast tour went as planned. Thanks again for sharing. Btw did you catch anything?bob
luck is the residue of design.

Joel.B

What kind of Pizza Joint Delivers Lobster and Clams in Red Sauce?

Sal's Pizza?

harryk3616

fantastic, ain't that what its all about, two great guys and their wifes getting together, we saw two great  guys enjoying each others company, fine food and of course reel talk, beautiful !     harryk

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Joel.B on June 03, 2013, 08:34:03 PM
What kind of Pizza Joint Delivers Lobster and Clams in Red Sauce?

Sal's Pizza?

:D :D :D

Thanks for the writeup Dominick! And thanks to Sal and Cathy for serving their idea of a pizza dinner so we could drool.  ;D
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Joel.B

"Reel Talk" with Dom and Sal

i'd subscribe to cable if that show was on TV

Cone

Dominick, I'm glad you and Sal finally had the chance to get together. It's no secret what Sal thinks of you. You however, being involved in Law, should have known the Pizza was a scam.  ;D  If I ever need a lawyer, I hope he is as willing to believe my story.   ;)   Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Jeto

i like the cabinet....sure wish i'm handy with those carpentry tools.... :D

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

borchcl

What a handsome group! Looks like a great time was had by all!
Charlie

Bucktail

Just a jig-a-lo

Bryan Young

Sal & Cathy are A1, first class. No wonder. It's like 4 peas in a pod with Dominick & Linda.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Although the visit was much too short, it was still sweet. Thanks for the pleasure of your company, Dominick and Linda.
Your friend, Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: Bucktail on June 04, 2013, 02:13:52 AM
Who's the guy on the rocks?
That is my friend Joe who lives on the Jersey Shore.  I modified the post above to add in the information.  Also Broadway Dom was supposed to join us but something called "work" got in the way.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.