alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial I GAINED 10 LBS VISITING SAL AT HIS HOME
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
March 02, 2021, 05:24:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I GAINED 10 LBS VISITING SAL AT HIS HOME  (Read 4106 times)
Mikeflorian

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2013, 12:16:12 AM »

I want to gain 20 lbs at Sal' s and I' m probably 20 mins away!
Shark Hunter

The Rogue of the Seven Seas!

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2013, 01:16:11 AM »

I Think I'm headed to Philly! I Love Lobster!
looks like you wer'e tearing it up Dom!

Life is Good!
Alto Mare
Sensei

Southeastern Pennsylvania

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2013, 01:55:48 PM »

I want to gain 20 lbs at Sal' s and I' m probably 20 mins away!

Where are you from Mike? If you decide to come and see me, don't do it now. Most roads are closed due to the US Open.
I had to get a special pass to get around, I'm just three blocks from Merion Gulf Club.

Sal
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 01:57:53 PM by Alto Mare » Logged

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.
Cathy Ciarlante

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2020, 05:56:23 PM »

Dominick,

It was such an honor and a pleasure to have you (and Linda)  in our home and at our table. Sal was so very happy to have you in his home and he was always so excited to learn that someone from the Alan Tani family might be coming to the east coast.

I would like to extend the sincerest invitation to continue that wonderful tradition and invite anyone from the site, who might be in the greater Philadelphia area, post Covid 19, to come to the Ciarlante house and sit at our table. I never did learn how to grill those famous lobsters of Sal's, but I make a mean spaghetti with seafood dish! There will always be a warm welcome waiting for you in Pennsylvania!

Love,
Cathy
Tiddlerbasher
Photo Group

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2020, 10:24:27 PM »

Cathy, may I suggest a name for your spagetti dish:
Pasta Alto Mare Smiley
Much love Chris.
thorhammer
Firearms Group

"You can't drank all day if you don't start..."

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2020, 01:42:25 AM »

Dominick,

It was such an honor and a pleasure to have you (and Linda)  in our home and at our table. Sal was so very happy to have you in his home and he was always so excited to learn that someone from the Alan Tani family might be coming to the east coast.

I would like to extend the sincerest invitation to continue that wonderful tradition and invite anyone from the site, who might be in the greater Philadelphia area, post Covid 19, to come to the Ciarlante house and sit at our table. I never did learn how to grill those famous lobsters of Sal's, but I make a mean spaghetti with seafood dish! There will always be a warm welcome waiting for you in Pennsylvania! 

AND ziti and chicken parm!!!!! Cathy, anywhere I turn in either of the shops, there is some sort of talisman from Sal in sight- parts he sent me, reel handles he crafted or whatever. Sal may be gone up physically, but not in our hearts and minds....not even counting the legacy of his wizardry in reels, and the stones he laid....and your wonderful family, so gracious to me.

Having been at guest of you AND Dominic and Linda, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. Things haven't been great for us lately but this put a smile on ,my face.

John
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 10:03:26 PM by Dominick » Logged
Dominick
Administrator

San Mateo, California

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2020, 10:05:26 PM »

Cathy, I look forward to once again visit with your family.  I will keep in touch.  Sal was one of the best.  Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
Rivverrat

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2021, 03:13:26 PM »

I would have loved to dig through his reel collection. Wished to have him build a reel for me but I always wished to be respectful of his time. Knowing he was busy with other's projects... Jeff
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 08:47:33 PM by Rivverrat » Logged
Newell Nut
Firearms Group

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2021, 03:51:57 PM »

I would have loved to dig through his reel collection. Wished to have him build a reel for me but I always wished to be respectful of his time. Knowing he was busy with others projects... Jeff
Sal loved spending time on others reels. He completed a tanked 10/0 for me just before he went into the hospital. I never even asked him to build it. I was happy with my 9/0s but big Goliath groupers were beating us up a lot so Sal decided I needed something special just for the big Goliaths. That 10/0 will always be on my boat and so will Sal's spirit.
He was a great man with a big heart.

Dwight
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: