Tiburon Quality Problems

Started by Newell Nut, June 11, 2013, 09:45:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

Be warned that QA problems continue to plague Tiburon. I will be shipping back the second spool in a month with the shaft OD too large to go into a bearing. One end fits and the other is .0025 too large. It would be very easy for them to test fit shafts before selling but they don't seem to care about customers these days.

Nuvole

What can you expect for these china made reel?

Bryan Young

I believe all of the frames and spools are made in Santa Ana, CA.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

I hate to hear that. I am waiting on a P60WEX kit to arrive for my 6/0. I hope its not screwed up.
As much as they charge for their products. This is Bull!
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Your kit will be ok, the problem is with the new stuff they're coming out with. The squidder and jigmaster's frames aren't what they used to be, their new design for the rod clamp is a joke. I went back and forth with emails for a month, their last word was that they wouldn't change the new design. I told them that I wouldn't be buying anymore of their frames, unless they go back to as they used to be.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

Hey Sal, what were the issues with the clamp?? I , like you got the newer TN3K for the 112H. I really didn't notice any clamp issue?
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Alto Mare

Bob, the 3TN is fine, I'm talking about the P16 and P21. You won't be able to tighten the rod clamp on a standard seat....ridiculous.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

Now that you mention it. I recall that issue and thought at the time it was the wrong clamp. Thanks for clearing it up
luck is the residue of design.

basto

I have a stock sized frame for my 6/0 on order. They said another batch was coming soon.
As long as the screw holes are well tapped, there shouldn`t be much else can go wrong with frames?
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n