Newell 200/300/400Series,Penn112H&Jigmasters,&ProGear 255/251 5+1Drag - $29

Started by Bryan Young, June 20, 2013, 08:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoochrip

Bryan,
Looking for a fine thread 1st or 2nd gen jigmaster ss gear sleeve, gen 2 perfered, would you have one? Also, 5+1 drag set plus any other washers needed for gen 2 if you can find one and a ss dog. I can do PayPal.
Thanks,
Mark

steelhead_killer

Bryan this is the drag configuration in my Newell 332-5.  Does the 5+1 work?  Also I read that a delrin washer under the main gear is the way to smooth out the drag range without sacrificing top end drag results.  Does this match your results?  If so, where to you get them?

Thanks!
><)))">

Newell Nut

Andy

That drag stack is not right. What you need for an upgrade is Bryan's 5 stack drag kit including the Belleville. PM me your address and I can send to you the delrin washers. You can use a .030 Delrin under the gear and usually the .020 under the Belleville and it will all bolt to the side plate okay. Using the wider Newell Belleville may bind up on you.

Buy the kit directly from Bryan.

Dwight

Sharkin904

Alto Mare

Quote from: steelhead_killer on February 21, 2016, 06:11:37 PM
Bryan this is the drag configuration in my Newell 332-5.  Does the 5+1 work?  Also I read that a delrin washer under the main gear is the way to smooth out the drag range without sacrificing top end drag results.  Does this match your results?  If so, where to you get them?

Thanks!

Here is a shot of the best layout for my jigmasters , it should work in your newell as well.

As Newell Nut mentioned .30 Delrin for under the gear ( 5 ) .50mm carbon fiber washers and  ( 5 ) metal washers...Bryan's kit. I do replace the keyed washer on top, with a thicker stock keyed washer.
The belleville on top is also Delrin, here is where I get it from...very reasonable in cost:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#3573a17/=1185qgf

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alto Mare

To me the metal Belleville on top is too stiff, drags on all my star reels start very softly, even the larger reels. This layout as I'm showing helps it.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Quote from: Sharkin904 on February 21, 2016, 09:01:53 PM
Are these still in production?
Yes, I still have these kits available.  Please send me a PM with the number of kits you will need and I'll send you a paypal invoice for the purchase of the drag kits.

Thank you,
Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

steelhead_killer

Installed your 5+1 kit with Delrin under the main and below the belville and this drag is super strong and smooooooooth!  Thanks Bryan!  I may try the Delrin Belville next...
><)))">

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broadway

Hey Sal,
   I'm not a Newell guy, but was wondering if you do the same for Senators and other Penn reels.  If so, what size do you recommend for the 112h and 113h?
Thanks for bringing these to our attention
Dom

Alto Mare

Quote from: broadway on March 02, 2016, 02:53:27 AM
Hey Sal,
   I'm not a Newell guy, but was wondering if you do the same for Senators and other Penn reels.  If so, what size do you recommend for the 112h and 113h?
Thanks for bringing these to our attention
Dom
Hey Dom,
Here is what I use and yes, I do recommend them:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#3573a17/=11cxp2c
Sizes are very limited on those, for the 112H they drop right in.
For the 113H, you will need to enlarge the hole by 1/16".
For the Squidder size, you will need to reduce the Outer Diameter by 1/8".
I use Delrin washers on all my reels.
A very knowledgeable member mentioned that the washer above  might get too hot, this one will need to be tested on the water, my tests here are limited.

The Delrin for under the gear has been doing great, I've gradually been getting reports from members about it.
The larger reels get a flat Delrin and not as I'm showing above. That washer could sit right under the top-hat, if the reel doesn't come with a top-hat, it would sit under the last metal washer on the very top.

Sal

broadway

That's great Sal... I will have to pick a few up for the 112h's and test them in the spring.
I appreciate it,
Dom

Bryan Young

Hi Joe,

I'll send you a PayPal invoice when I get back home.
Thank you,
Bryan