gear sleeves for left handed reels

Started by Alan J, February 20, 2010, 09:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan J

Are stainless steel gear sleeves available for left handed reels? I have a senator 113, Senator special 113H and Jigmaster 500 that I would like to upgrade.

alantani

i might have a couple of left handed stainless jigmaster gear sleeves, but none in stainless for the 113h.  i'll check and let you know.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alomeli

hi alan, you still have any more stainless sleeves for the 501 in left handed.

alantani

no, i send out the last three a couple of weeks ago.   i will talk to pete kolekar about cutting some left handed ones on the next run.  alan

Alan J

What is the status and availability of stainless steel sleeves for left handed penn reels?

alantani

none right now.  there was so little demand that i stopped asking pete to make them.  i don't see any being made from this point on.  just get the left handed penn gear sleeve out of brass and replace them as they round off.  

https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/500LConvert-To-LeftHand.aspx

TarheelFXR

Alan,

You can no longer get the bridge or sleeve from Penn--they say
"3-500LH Bridge (NO LONGER AVAILABLE)."

Is there anyway we could see how many were needed for a run?  Or better yet the entire conversion set with gears?

Thanks,
Alan

yelloweye

Hi Alan,

Any chance that you have reconsidered making some more left hand sleeves??

Thanks

alantani

sorry, no.  it is a minimum $2000 order.  you would be far better off ordering a few brass gear sleeves and then just replacing them as they go bad. 

mbyoung

I would like to buy stainless steel gear sleeves for Penn 500L, 113, & 114h if there are any available. I also need 4 114H right handed gear sleeves.

alantani

the guy that makes the gear sleeves for me now had actaully knocked out some left handed gear sleeves just for kicks.  i am waiting for the 114h gear sleeves, but have everything else.  please send me a pm with your address and i will ship them out when they arrive.  right now i am swamped, so your patience is appreciated. 

ZackBanks

Here is another request for left handed stainless gear sleeves, bridge, main and pinion gears? I've read through this entire thread and I'm not sure I can order the brass ones either. I would be willing to buy several sets if that helps.

alantani

MQ1

Alan,

I'm a dreaded lefty too, and am looking for a LH squidder, and a LH 113H as well.

MQ1

alantani

i have a complete conversion kit for the 113h.  well, i know i have a bunch of them, somewhere here in the garage.  not actually sure where.  not even sure how much i'm supposed to charge for them, but i know they're here, somewhere.  the kit includes a left handed brass gear sleeve, left handed star, and left handed gears.  i think there were 20  sets, or thereabouts......   :-\