Calcutta 401TE Drag Upgrade

Started by Keta, March 01, 2010, 04:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Alan,
Are the drags for a Calcutta 400B the same size as a 401TE?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dawn

Dawn

Keta

Thanks, what drag washers will work?

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

dawn has a set just for the 400/401 TE

Calcutta TE300, TE400 Set of 4 $10.50

http://smoothdrag.com/price.html
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

I called Dawn yesterday afternoon and had a good chat with her.  The drag parts are in the mail, thanks again Alan.  Do you plan on doing a photo tutorial on Calcutta TE reels in the future.

I found a little detent and spring in an odd place on this reel, under the main gear, when I tore it down.  It's easy to put back where it goes and better than the "Trinidad surprise" that goes shooting across the room when I forget it's there.

Mark Twain

alantani

honestly, it's not on the list.  at some point, i'm going to do all the accurate reels, but i want to talk to them about their bearings first.  i would like to go through all of the progears and bakers as well, just because they are home grown.  and if avet will ever start greasing their drag washers, then i will add avet to that list.  until they do i will continue to keep hands off.  i am not interested in doing them damage.  i am also not interested in helping them so long as they remain so obstinant about not greasing their drag washers. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

I don't understand Avet's aversion to greasing their drags. I still have 1/2 of mine greased and 1/2 not greased and I don't see a big difference. One of these days I'll grease them all. I have seen some nasty corrosion in non greased Avets.

Mark Twain