Slosh Frames

Started by SoCalAngler, July 19, 2013, 05:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalAngler

Have you guys see these? I looked at the website a few years back but have not see the frames in person. They look good on the site.

http://www.socal-fishing-hunting.com/DAIWA.html

Bryan Young

Yes. I have a few frames for sale.  I haven't had the chance to put up a posting yet.  They look awesome.  El Pascador (WAYNE) has a 20 I believe.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

El Pescador

Quote from: Bryan Young on July 19, 2013, 02:39:59 PM
Yes. I have a few frames for sale.  I haven't had the chance to put up a posting yet.  They look awesome.  El Pascador (WAYNE) has a 20 I believe.

Exactamumdo Buckaroo!!!!

A beautiful sleek solid aluminum CNC frame, very nice craftsmanship, spooled with 50 lbs. braid, and Alan's 4/0 handle.

Did not get a chance to use in in Los Cabos on my trip with Dom, will use it in Jan. 2014 to pick Pargo out of the rocks.  Can't wait to get it wet!

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

BMITCH

El Pescador, beautiful reel. Almost makes me wanna be a Daiwa guy. Almost ::) ::)
luck is the residue of design.

Sith Lord

Hey guys. I want this for my SL20. I've tried contacting the email listed on the site but it doesn't work. Does anyone know if theres a different contact for them?

doradoben

I have one that was built from an SHV. Mine is spooled with 30 lb. braid. I would have preferred that it had provisions for a clamp. It was an easy build that makes a very nice compact reel.

fastfishin85

very nice  looking kits,when I checked,the price for the 30 was only 60.00 bucks plus shipping,that almost seems to good to be true,anyone that bought one of these remember what they payed for the kit?

Ron Jones

He's out of the frames for the x reels!
If someone has a 20 x frame they want t part with I'd appreciate a shot at it.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Sith Lord

Anyone tried to contact them on the link? My SLOSH 20 needs that frame. 8)

sundaytrucka

Great find on this one. Never thought it would exist; the SL20 and 30SH are two of my favorite light live bait reels...Wish they came with studs for a rod clamp, I only own one rod with a real seat, I love deckhand style.

Do you guys think it would be possible to add the anchoring points for rod clamp studs, add threads to frame, or install threaded steel sleeves within the frame?
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

Bryan Young

I too was thinking the same thing. I was told to purchase Tiburon's rod clamp for reels that don't have proper clamp stud spacing. Saw one on ebay for $39 I think.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

sundaytrucka

Quote from: Bryan Young on October 10, 2013, 04:38:17 AM
I too was thinking the same thing. I was told to purchase Tiburon's rod clamp for reels that don't have proper clamp stud spacing. Saw one on ebay for $39 I think.

Thanks for that info. Checked the web, and charkbait and Tiburon websites have them for sale, same price at $39.99. Nifty gadget, but wonder how well they would hold up to repeated use on a trip; would reel wobble loosen them?

Got excited about the frame upgrade, but at $60 plus a $40 rod clamp issue, with subsequent upgrade, and then the used reel + upgrades...Yeah, I still want to upgrade the Daiwa. LOL
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

floating doc

I wanted one of these, until I learned that they don't have a clicker.  :(
Central Florida

fishhhh

Does anyone know the size of the spool bearings, thanks

Squiggy

Quote from: fishhhh on May 14, 2014, 05:28:01 AM
Does anyone know the size of the spool bearings, thanks

From what I found its 3mm x 10mm x 4mm