Newell Model # Code?

Started by Redfish King, July 21, 2013, 03:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legal Bill

Thank you Tunacious and others.  I just (finally) bought a Newell.  I waited until one became available locally and used this thread to understand what the seller had.  I bought an S 332 5.  No through bolts (screws) in the base.  I found it to be so easy to cast that by the third or fourth try I was getting nice smooth casts with little or no back-lash.  I'm really looking forward to using this reel as a multi-purpose set up that I always take along with me.

Newell Nut

You got a nice one. 332s do cast very well and a very long way when you get the hang of it.

Legal Bill

Thanks for the reply.  The gentleman also had a smaller 2 series for sale the I was casting a little further out than the 332, but I figured the 3 series would be a more versatile reel and I could get better with it with more practice..

Bryan Young

Quote from: Legal Bill on September 12, 2017, 07:59:52 PM
Thanks for the reply.  The gentleman also had a smaller 2 series for sale the I was casting a little further out than the 332, but I figured the 3 series would be a more versatile reel and I could get better with it with more practice..
The 200 series is also a great reel for 15-25# lines.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D