Meet the new president of Discover Angling!

Started by alantani, July 22, 2013, 05:51:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

um, that would be me!  ;D

it's a great bunch of guys and we have been working together for the last 10 years.  check out the organization at  http://www.discoverangling.com / mike johnson was president for the last few years.  he is moving to pennsylvania and we all wish him the best of luck!  richard kent and gary edwards wil continue to stay on, and i have accepted the postion of president.  we had an installation dinner at the coyote point yacht club this afternoon.  it was great to have everyone get together.  dave came out from the central valley and dan came all the way down from tahoe!  i'm going to post the photos now and add names later. 

richard kent and gary edwards

bill henneberg

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Norcal Pescador

Congratulations, Mr. President! ;)  Looking at the topic heading, I figured it was either you or Bryan. With your organization skills and energy, the group should prosper under your leadership.

A lot of members/people there. More than I imagined.  8)
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Bryan Young

I was in awe of such greatness of people that are involved with Discover Angling.  Each of these individuals and spouses give up their precious time for the sake of kids. 

As my pappi used to say, surround yourself with great people, people that are better than you, and maybe, a smig of greatness will be bestowed upon you as well.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

Alan:  Congratulations.  Some of the faces are familiar although I don't remember their names.  Well of course I know Joy, Bryan and (oh oh) Kaylee?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Pescachaser on July 22, 2013, 04:07:21 PM
Alan:  Congratulations.  Some of the faces are familiar although I don't remember their names.  Well of course I know Joy, Bryan and (oh oh) Kaylee?  Dominick

Close, but no cigar this time Dominick. ;) (Kehli) 
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Dominick

Quote from: Norcal Pescador on July 22, 2013, 07:11:10 PM
Quote from: Pescachaser on July 22, 2013, 04:07:21 PM

Close, but no cigar this time Dominick. ;) (Kehli) 
I'm right Hawaiians can't spell.   ;D  ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

conchydong

Congratulations Alan. Wish you were president of higher offices (POTUS) instead of what we have, but it's a start.

Alto Mare

Congratulation Alan, they got the right guy.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

Couldn't think of a better person for the job, U Da Man!
Looks like your client base just got bigger ;)
Best of luck with the new position,
Dom

Baja Bev

Ready to start brainstorming for ways to improve Discover Angling. Getting Alan was a good start! I'm going to miss mike though.
Alan's reel repair saves lives! Just ask my friend who dropped my Penn on the garage floor.

borchcl

reel*doctor

Al,
great goings. Here in Bandon OR we  have a non profit org called kids fish free.kids under 14 yrs do not reguire licenses but many time do not fish because of lack of equipment .we take donations of unwanted rods & reels. I have been with them for five years and do the repair work. we have giving out over 400 conbs free to all comers.
what joy to see the smile on their faces.

reel*doctor      carmine

Keta

Hi RD, I fish on both sides of you, Brookings and Charleston, and was a deckhand for Jim Pex out of Charleston.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Quote from: reel*doctor on March 25, 2014, 05:46:07 PM
Al,
great goings. Here in Bandon OR we  have a non profit org called kids fish free.kids under 14 yrs do not reguire licenses but many time do not fish because of lack of equipment .we take donations of unwanted rods & reels. I have been with them for five years and do the repair work. we have giving out over 400 conbs free to all comers.
what joy to see the smile on their faces.

reel*doctor      carmine

I gotta look up up next time we are in Bandon. Our kids love Oregon.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.