TUTORIAL: ambassaduer rebuild from carolina custom reels

Started by alantani, March 08, 2010, 11:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetta

Gotta agree with you there Albert.
The Swedish-made Abus are great reels - well built and beautifully designed.
I often recommend the 6500C3 as a cracker little inshore reel for keen young fishos.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

nelz

Good news about my reel disaster, see latest post here:

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=4179.0

nelz

Quote from: alantani on April 27, 2012, 03:28:32 PM
you should feel virtually no resistance.....   :-\

So now that I managed to pull off a save installing a new pinion yoke I can tell you that a bit of resistance is normal for this reel. The yoke puts a slight bit of pressure against the pinion at all times by design. I learned the hard way not to mess with it!

katfishkelly

I am SO happy I found this website today! I have found every question I had about very specific parts and placement on specific reels.. yours and two other tutorials were LIFESAVERS for my reel rebuild and greasing oiling needs!! One was given to me and others were stored for waaaaay tooo long and all needed help. I hadnt broken one down this far and needed guidance! Your tutorial was very valuable for me today. Thank you very much for the time you took to make it. :) I am saving in my favorites for future needs. Thanks again!
katfishkelly

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

FishMaestro

First generation abu garcia ambassadeur 5000 made august of 1971 with original leather case, oil bottle, extra handle. It's in great shape 8.5 out of 10 just service at ftu houston. What's it worth? Tia guys!