TIP OF THE DAY

Started by Alto Mare, August 09, 2013, 12:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

If you have one of these, you already know what I'm talking about
No matter what size screwdriver or how careful you are, somehow the slot in the bearing cup always gets damaged.
If you want to keep it nice, try one of these

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

bluefish69

I always thought they come out of the box nicked, chipped & scrached.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

alantani

i have a stubby screwdriver with a big flat blade that was cut to fit those. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

You might be better off with the yoke boss. No chance of damaging it, no sharp edges and lots of control.
Give it a shot and let me know.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

oh, that's why you have the yokes there!  i was wondering what they were doing in the photo!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Cone

Good tip Sal. I use a gunsmith screwdriver set. I can pick a tip that fits but that would be easier.  Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

bluefish69

I use a Nickel or Dime or Penny. They all fit Newell's
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Joel.B

My son just take my whole plate and skids it across the garage floor as soon as I get it, then I dont have to worry anymore about how pretty it stays

He's not yet three but he's already a thinker

saltydog

Thanks for the tip Sal, it's one I will use.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

doradoben

Good Idea.  Hey, I keep learning stuff here.. :D

Joel.B

I just used a brass yoke to remove a nasty bearing-cup from older accu-plate

worked great!!!

Thanks Sal

Alto Mare

Come on guys and gals, get creative and come up with something on your own, so Alan can sticky this.
It would be nice to have a dedicated section for "tip of the day". I'm sure some of you have a few tricks up your sleeve.
Lets see it.;)
Sal

Joel.B

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 09, 2013, 05:53:31 PM
Come on guys and gals, get creative and come up with something on your own, so Alan can sticky this.
It would be nice to have a dedicated section for "tip of the day". I'm sure some of you have a few tricks up your sleeve.
Lets see it.;)
Sal

OK Sal, I just cut a q-tip in half, inserted shaft into my dremel and used it to polish inside of some bushings. I did not have any polishing attachments that were small enough.

Alto Mare

There you go Joel, very nice ;). I know it's tempting, but try to keep it away from your ears ;D