Shimano TR 200 G spool removal

Started by GeorgeN, August 10, 2013, 02:31:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeN

I just purchased a used TR 200 G and have not been able to find a tutorial on taking this reel apart for lubing and spool access.  Can anyone give me an idea?  I own a Penn 320 GTI and Alan had a very informative tutorial on taking that reel apart.  They look very similar. but I'm not someone to start removing screws without some basic instruction.  Does anyone know of a tutorial on this reel.  Thanks, George Santee, CA

Mike La Franchie

I've seen a post somewhere with the tr100g being worked on. Same reel just narrow spool I think.  It may have been justin who posts on this site who did the tr100g rebuild.

I have a couple tr200gs great reels.

There a simple drag washer upgrades available also. Either mysticparts or tunasreeltroubles have a set.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
I only fish on days ending with Y

alantani

the tld star tutorial is similar.  funny, i thought i did one of those.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=17.0
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

akfish

It's very easy to work on, but you do need to remove the left side plate to get to the spool. Penn 965 drag washers are a great drop in upgrade. I grease and leave the canvas washer under the main gear, and still get plenty of very smooth drag with greased HT-100s inside the main gear.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

alantani

to remove the right side plate, you have to back out ALL of the side plate screws, even the ones in the middle.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!