Newell 500 Series 5+1 Drag System - $32 shipped in the USA

Started by Bryan Young, September 01, 2013, 01:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Dwight, I love that bend on that rod, tell me some more about it. Also, From the gimbal to the tip of the foregrip, is it around 36 inches?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Now that's good advertising! ;) Is Bryan giving you a cut Dwight? ;)
Life is Good!

Newell Nut

No cut from Bryan yet. I keep checking the mail though.

Sal
The rod is a Stroker built by Adam Trieschmann at WitchDoctor Tackle down south and it is probably my favorite rod. Adam told me that it was a 6465XH and is the same as the Calstar E-glass with that number. It is topped with a beautiful custom built 6/0 Beast by you know who.

Shark Hunter

That's Nice Dwight. I like the tooth in the foregrip. I might have to look up the Witch Doctor.
Life is Good!

Newell Nut

I have a few of the WitchDoctor Tackle rods and they are all very well made. This one was the first he tried with the shark tooth and it really looks nice on the black and white rod. All that I have done recently is just pick a blank and tell him conventional or spinning and then let him create the rest as he wants it to look and they all turn out nice.

BMITCH

Dwight, beautiful rod. Tell me about the guides on this one. Are they braid safe?
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Newell Nut

Shark Hunter

They Look Like the zirconium ones I have on my 130lb Rainshadow.
Life is Good!

Newell Nut

Update on Bryan's 5+1 for a 500. My 540 has my personal design 6 stack and Bryan knows how I do it but I had just put 200 yds of momoi 60 on my reel and today I hooked something while mango fishing and it was probably a big shark. I keep my drag so tight that I can't pull any off with one wrap around my hand because I horse them from the reef. This drag has tested at 45 Lb. This thing took off at high speed with close to 40 lb of drag and stripped down to about 50 yds and I cut it before risking breaking my spool. This thing never slowed down a bit so I knew I would never land it.

Respooled the reel with the boat line and wrapped the line around my hand and I could not pull any so the drag integrity was still there. My next fish was one of the big 30 lb red snappers and I horsed it right off the reef.

This was a great drag test. Bryan's design works great.

Bryan Young

2 kits remaining.

All parts have been ordered.  I do not have an ETA on the metal washer.  Will keep you guys advised.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

redasfire

Received my kit, Do you recommend to install dry or greased?

Newell Nut

Bryan Young

tacoma09

Quote from: Bryan Young on July 14, 2014, 03:48:07 PM
Quote from: Newell Nut on July 14, 2014, 10:41:15 AM
Definitely use Cals grease.
Definitely use a good quality drag grease.
Hey Bryan, so you have your kits @ five ocean seven sea, is that correct? Is the price the same you sell them for?

Mark