Tiburon frame

Started by turboal, April 01, 2010, 04:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turboal

Alan, know ware i can get a Tiburon frame for a Penn 30T for a decent price ? Scott's wants almost $100.00 for a new Penn frame.

broadway

Turboal,
   That's about the going rate from what I'm seeing online.  I just paid $65 for my 113hsp tib. frames, and they go for $80 typically.  Good luck.  I'll keep my eyes open
Dom

Roger

Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

broadway

Roger,
     You can get anything on ebay...you cheated ;D Thought Turboal was talking new cause he checked out Scott's.
Dom

turboal

;D thanks Roger, I missed seeing that one. It's just what i am looking for.

Bryan Young

Wow, good price so far.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

broadway

Good Luck on that ebay posting going for $31.  There is a reserve and I bet it ain't $31  :o Guess I'm a bit of a pessimist or a realist...we shall see. 
Dom

Bill Benrath

What's the advantage of the Tib frame over the stock Penn frame?

slgriffiths

They are a lot stiffer, and let the reel handle greater loads, especially on wider reels, without the bearings becoming out of line as the reel flexes.  The clamps are stronger too.
And they really add a serious bling factor to a older reel, especially when the drags are upgraded to carbontex or HT100, the sleeve is stainless, and the gears are stainless steel as well... 
They put some of the current gear to shame for durability and strength.
I love them - and Accurate frames (which come up too on eBay) are as good.  Or maybe better.  But very similar.  Almost all my Penns from 146 to 114H have Accurate or Tiburon frames.  Really expensive now, I guess, but really good, IMHO!
Simon.