10/5 to 10/13/2013 - spirit of adventure (photos done, video added)

Started by alantani, October 17, 2013, 02:50:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

john2244

Lee,

There are a couple of spots open on the Calstar 12 day trip the day after Christmas.  Another good trip is the Ken's Custom Reel 14 day trip in early February, both trips are on the American Angler.  I am on both trips and it would be great to have you join us.

John

alantani

i could not do a 10 to 14 day trip unless i had internet access.  now we're talking satellite phones, right? 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

wallacewt

oh keta,
just cross sheep  with a kangaroo and get your self some wolly jumpers :D

broschro

Quote from: alantani on October 20, 2013, 06:36:34 PM
i could not do a 10 to 14 day trip unless i had internet access.  now we're talking satellite phones, right? 
Alan I do believe with the right device, u can get internet and make calls. Don't know if I could do 14 days on a boat. As much as I love to fish, just don't think I could :-[ im looking in to a two day bottom fishing trip in 2014 on the gulf coast of Florida 8)

Ron Jones

The issue with a two week underway is that it really messes with your system. It usually takes me 3 or so days to figure out I am not home and then the rest of 10 days for my sleep rhythm, digestive track and so on to get itself sorted out. If you pull in 3-4 days later, you go through the whole rigmarole again and don't get settled out for basically the whole month. Sucks. On a 20 day trip you have time to actually be in underway mode and anything less than a week or ten days doesn't let your system get really comfortable underway in the first place. Of course, all this is on a 12 on six off schedule. We've gone to 24 hour days now, will be very interesting.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bunnlevel Sharker

Well just from my perspective thats alot of fish! i say go to ande and run a longer topper, ive seen isues from not hooking up and hooks pulling up here from braid straight to wire
Grayson Lanier

floating doc

Quote from: broschro on October 21, 2013, 12:03:58 AM
Quote from: alantani on October 20, 2013, 06:36:34 PM
Alan I do believe with the right device, u can get internet and make calls. Don't know if I could do 14 days on a boat. As much as I love to fish, just don't think I could :-[ im looking in to a two day bottom fishing trip in 2014 on the gulf coast of Florida 8)

I haven't forgot about this trip. Do you have a month in mind? I'm seriously intending to go with you. Right now I'm trying to figure out when the 2014 Red Snapper season opens.
Central Florida

floating doc

Yeah, there's a few of us here in Florida and elsewhere that could join us. We should coordinate a trip for next year. I'll start a discussion today and we'll see how many members might be interested.
Central Florida

heckrazr

I love the action......love how helpful you are to EVERYONE!!!! That gaff guy on the dorado run lost more good fish then he brought in......
Maui is where the heart and soul belong.....very soon

joel8080

My thought he should go to Gaff school, he did most things wrong in his attempt to bring the fish in.

Joel 8080
Oceanside,California

heckrazr

Maui is where the heart and soul belong.....very soon

Tightlines667

Great report...
The long range fishing, even on these shorter trips does look like alot of fun.  I've always wanted to do a long range San Diego trip for standup monster Yellowfin...
If I only had more time & money .

Thanks for sharing!
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.