bearing packer (mm and inch), adaptor and needle kit - back in stock 7/23/2020

Started by alantani, April 07, 2010, 05:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohfishalee

Rec'd mine today and can't wait to use it!!

Still looking for the video of one in use......

Thanks Alan

ohfishalee

Used it on unshielded bearings last night - worked like a charm but what to do with the excess grease that remains in the cup after you take out the bearing and replace the cone?

not so convinced on how to feel confident that the shielded bearings have the new grease but i will knock it up to inexperience ;)

Tightlines667

Quote from: ohfishalee on March 31, 2016, 06:15:58 PM
Used it on unshielded bearings last night - worked like a charm but what to do with the excess grease that remains in the cup after you take out the bearing and replace the cone?

not so convinced on how to feel confident that the shielded bearings have the new grease but i will knock it up to inexperience ;)

Daron you will clearly see grease oozing out of the shields on the down side of the bearing once fully packed.  You can use the excess grease for greasing screws, gears, and the like.. or leave it be for the next bearings.  You may want the larger delron bearing Packers for these  larger offshore trolling reels of yours.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

lil-man-1

Good afternoon Mr. Alan Tani
Are there any of these kit left?  If so what is the price. ?

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

AlasKen

I scrape out the grease and put it in a little plastic container and use it for lightly greasing other parts of the reel.  A thin coat with a toothbrush etc.  I don't remove it until I have packed all the bearing I plan to for the day.  Only reason I remove it is to make storing until next time easier and cleaner.  I can definitely see the grease come around the shield on the back side so I know I got grease behind the seal. I was skeptical at first but am a true believer now, much faster for me.  Because I deep drop or troll when fishing in the salt of Alaska I grease all bearing including spool.  Still get decent/some free spin but hopefully more protection.  I only service a few times a year.  Ken

Quote from: ohfishalee on March 31, 2016, 06:15:58 PM

TheReelShop

These kits are bad ####. I will try and do a video tutorial on using these!!!

bgreen

Hi Alan

Wondering if one of these sets can be sent to New Zealand and how much postage is likely to be.

Regards Bruce 

bgreen

Mine arrived the other day... great workmanship... looks good.. I think I even know how to work it (Though watch out for a post to the contrary)Thanks again Alan!

alantani

well, this last batch is finally all gone.  hopefully tom can get another batch done. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

aerotony

Quote from: red93crxhatch on May 05, 2016, 01:34:14 AM
These kits are bad ####. I will try and do a video tutorial on using these!!!

Hi Guys,
If you want to see the video it was posted July 06 2016.
Return to the listings and scan down for the thread "Video on using Alan Tani's bearing packer"
Many thanks to red93crxhatch for the posting,  8)
Tony

aerotony

Quote from: ohfishalee on March 23, 2016, 05:25:29 PM
Rec'd mine today and can't wait to use it!!

Still looking for the video of one in use......

Thanks Alan

Hi ohfishalee,
See the posting 118 above,
Tony