bearing packer (mm and inch), adaptor and needle kit - back in stock 7/23/2020

Started by alantani, April 07, 2010, 05:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHeifer

Just got my bearing tool from Alan today and this is a quality tool! It was so easy it is almost silly. Here is a pic of my setup below:

Tightlines667

I like the syringe idea.  I wonder if I can find a really big one first the really big bearings.  Constsntly reloading my little grease gun gets old.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

mirrorlure7m

Quote from: RedHeifer on August 15, 2016, 07:25:56 PM
Just got my bearing tool from Alan today and this is a quality tool! It was so easy it is almost silly. Here is a pic of my setup below:

Where did you purchase everything ? I like your setup.

ChesapeakeTackle

Reels...meet bearing packers & grease nozzle. You guys are going to get along great!

Yes, that is a 50+ year old Penn 285 that I got from my father in law. A good cleaning, carbon drag washers, advice from this forum and it's better than new.

Received them the other day. Awesome machine work!

THANKS ALAN!

Thanks to Bryan Young for the SQL12 write up. It helped a lot. I may try experimenting with yolk springs to reduce noise. I'll try to post the results once I get it right.

ohfishalee

Quote from: Tightlines666 on April 01, 2016, 04:22:28 AM
Quote from: ohfishalee on March 31, 2016, 06:15:58 PM
Used it on unshielded bearings last night - worked like a charm but what to do with the excess grease that remains in the cup after you take out the bearing and replace the cone?

not so convinced on how to feel confident that the shielded bearings have the new grease but i will knock it up to inexperience ;)

Daron you will clearly see grease oozing out of the shields on the down side of the bearing once fully packed.  You can use the excess grease for greasing screws, gears, and the like.. or leave it be for the next bearings.  You may want the larger delron bearing Packersfor these  larger offshore trolling reels of yours.

Alan are these available?

alantani

yes, send me a pm with your address and i will get it shipped out.  i'll send a pm. thanks!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

donvincenzo

good morning,

would you have any of these packers still available?

thanks,

alantani

cotradbow

Alan,
I sent you a PM yesterday requesting a set of packers, just following up to make sure you received it.

Tom

bhale1

Quote from: cotradbow on March 14, 2018, 02:30:48 PM
Alan,
I sent you a PM yesterday requesting a set of packers, just following up to make sure you received it.

Tom

Tom,
The Boss is out of the office until Friday😁. I'm sure he will get back at you soon.
Brett

cotradbow

Alan,
I received the package today, excellent quality, thank you sir!

uniontex777

alantani

Quote from: uniontex777 on November 19, 2018, 09:13:39 PM
Good afternoon, Alan

Is it still available?

Thank you

yes, they are still available.  i will send you pm.  thanks!  alan