CENTAURE 600

Started by Alto Mare, October 27, 2013, 01:19:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

I was hanging a couple of doors in the attic for an old friend the other day and in the corner I noticed this little beat up reel, along with a couple of others. In the bucket there was also a nice 650SS, he told me to keep them, but I decided to fix up that 650 for him with our treatment and give it back to him.... he was a happy camper. ;)
Here are a couple of shots of what this little Centaure looked like:

I really liked this little reel so I decided to give it a shot on bringing it back.
This is what I got:

And here are a couple of shots of the assembly:

This reel is made in France and is 60+ years old, I did the dismantling and reassembly without knowing anything about the reel...it wasn't easy, especially from having some parts that were screwed on counter-clockwise....still a nice design.
They don't make them like they used to.
Enjoy! Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bluefish69

Sal

Some of those parts look like Mitchell Parts & the Line Roller Could be made of Tungsten. Some don't spin but you can't hurt them.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Cone

nice job as always. I've never seen one of these reels before. Great find!   Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

thinket

Shark Hunter

Good Job Sal!
That was a great find.
Life is Good!