English Newbie

Started by Bigfish, April 09, 2010, 04:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfish

Hi all, I hope there's room on the forum for a limey ;D
I have to say Alan that I am seriously impressed by your skill with a screwdriver and wrench ;) your expertise with a grease gun has to be seen to be believed ;D ;D

OK so that's enough B.S. now i'll ask for the benefit of your and everyone else's opinion regarding Gator Grip reel handles?
http://www.blakdogtackle.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=56&products_id=730&osCsid=fffaj2hd3mm8v3ornl92vedc44

I have a pair of ABU 6500 Magelite reels that I use for surfcasting and was thinking of upgrading 8)

Keta

First, hi.

I have a early 70s ABU 6000c that has had a Gator Grip handle on it for years and it's still works good.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bigfish

Quote from: Keta on April 09, 2010, 05:24:26 PM
First, hi.

I have a early 70s ABU 6000c that has had a Gator Grip handle on it for years and it's still works good.

Thanks for your reply Keta,do you rate these handles as better than the ABU originals?

Keta

Yes, a bit better.  I prefer a power handle and have a Shimano TE 400LJV handle on my  6501 C4.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain