Hello there and sorry this as my first post!!! HELP please

Started by skipjackrobert, November 01, 2013, 03:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skipjackrobert

Sent Alan a PM then figured out how to post!  Sorry Alan!  Just opened the new, brand new box holding a baja special via penn.  started playing with it, tightened the drag about 80 percent and the reel became much harder to crank .  This does not seem normal to me.  Also the star, the metal one, when turned back to much less drag, almost seemed loose and almost moved with too much play in it.  This cannot be normal can it?  All my other penns do not do this and I can't believe a new out of the box reel could slip by the qc people.  At this point, I may just take it back and get my money back.  Any and all thoughts please

Thank you

Robert

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

SacFly

Maybe the drag stack is missing a washer or otherwise assembled incorrectly?  Just had the exact same symptoms on a 112h and this was the problem.

Shark Hunter

Sounds like a definite problem with the drag stack or the Sleeve itself. Was this a China made Penn?
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

The star is probably binding with the side plate...as as was said previously, probably something wrong with the drag stack hight or drag sleeve between the star and the top of the drag stack. If it's new, I would probably take it back to where I got it and ask for an exchange.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Irish Jigger

Quote from: Bryan Young link=topic=8811.m I would probably take it back to where I got it and ask for an exchange.
/quote]

x2, easy for Penn to replace.