Stradic 6000fi spool question...

Started by Jonnybravo, November 01, 2013, 06:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonnybravo

Will this spool fit a 6000fj?  I found a couple of these spools and I was thinking of looking for a new Stradic but only see the FJ's.

erikpowell

I had two extra spools for my old Stradic 4000 Fi ....which died a sudden tragic death  ::) ...
when i ordered a replacement from the shop, I received the new FJ instead (1st off i wasn't thrilled with the new pearly finish)
THEN my old spools didn't fit it...neither did the carbontex kit i ordered for my dear departed Fi....
.... Even the rod had a newer version  :(

New one works fine, but i miss my Fi...and they were only a year apart...

Hey shimano!.... If it ain't broke, don't fix it !!

Thank you

Cheers Jonny

philaroman

That's why I stockpile 10+ y. o. Japan-made Shimano spinners!  I have a SERIOUS pet-peeve/childish-tantrum/boycott thing about Sustain/Stradic/Symetre production moving from Japan to Malaysia -- don't want; don't need; won't buy Malaysian Stradics!  WHY WOULD ANYONE, when they can get a mint, older, Japanese Sustain for the same price? ???  IMHO, as of the new millennium, Shimano-North America makes disposable reels in Malaysia & JDM Shimano is astronomically overpriced -- they're just EVIL & Daiwa's no better!!!  :'(  I must control myself, I must not rant...

Quote from: erikpowell on November 01, 2013, 07:51:46 AM
I had two extra spools for my old Stradic 4000 Fi ....which died a sudden tragic death  ::) ...
when i ordered a replacement from the shop, I received the new FJ instead (1st off i wasn't thrilled with the new pearly finish)
THEN my old spools didn't fit it...neither did the carbontex kit i ordered for my dear departed Fi....
.... Even the rod had a newer version  :(

New one works fine, but i miss my Fi...and they were only a year apart...

Hey shimano!.... If it ain't broke, don't fix it !!

Thank you

Cheers Jonny

keep an eye on feeBay, for a bargain 4000 SymetreFJ/SaharaFD -- I'm 99.9% sure the spools are identical to Stradic FI...  it's kinda silly that people looking for spools will pay $25+ for StradicFI, $20+ for SymetreFJ, and no more than $15 for SaharaFD, when it's the same damn spool aside from painted-on lettering

erikpowell

Thanks for the tip philaroman... unfortunately I already gave my extra spools to a friend for his 4000Fi... drat...
I share your rant and feel your pain...  ;D
cheers

I guess I know now who to call when I'm ready for a new spinner  ;D