Part 49 to bearing ?

Started by Jayce, November 16, 2013, 12:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayce

Hi,

Im getting a new reel next week and already planning the bushing upgrades already  ;D

I noticed part #49 was listed as a pionion bushing.  It has an odd shape to it.

http://fservice.shimano.co.jp/part/pdf/01991.pdf

Has anyone tried to swap this to a bearing if yes what size do i need ?

Reel is a 2005 Ultegra 2000s spinning reel.

;D

philaroman

part #49 -- highly doubtful!  looks same as RD-3481 in Stradic 2500FH.  it's just a very thin nylon liner/sleeve with a notched square top (so it doesn't push through & doesn't rotate)...  hence, the "odd shape".  the hole in the frame that it goes into is only slightly (1-2mm) bigger than the bottom of the pinion.  there's just no room for a bearing & you don't need one -- that nylon liner stays smooth forever, just keep it lubed.

on the other hand, part #50 looks like a winged plastic bushing that could be nicely replaced by a bearing.  I would bet RD-7810 from Stradic FH, will work.

PLEASE share the link for JDM Shimano schematics!!!

Jayce

Quote from: philaroman on November 16, 2013, 06:30:38 PM
part #49 -- highly doubtful!  looks same as RD-3481 in Stradic 2500FH.  it's just a very thin nylon liner/sleeve with a notched square top (so it doesn't push through & doesn't rotate)...  hence, the "odd shape".  the hole in the frame that it goes into is only slightly (1-2mm) bigger than the bottom of the pinion.  there's just no room for a bearing & you don't need one -- that nylon liner stays smooth forever, just keep it lubed.

on the other hand, part #50 looks like a winged plastic bushing that could be nicely replaced by a bearing.  I would bet RD-7810 from Stradic FH, will work.

PLEASE share the link for JDM Shimano schematics!!!

Thanx bro.

Yup part 50 and more other things are on my list of mods.
Here is the link for the JDM Spinners.

http://fservice.shimano.co.jp/part/01/index.html