The List!

Started by alantani, November 21, 2013, 11:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Alan...Getting a refund my my already paid trip...We are haggling over the $300.00 non-refundable deposit, but with the tip and visas included in the $1650.00 price I wont lose much even if they wont budge...So soon you can add another Fresno guy to the list...As soon as I get my $$$ back I will send you a check for the full amount!!! Remember I'm a total newbie to this type of fishing with the exception of a few Albacore & what ever I caught with my Grandpa when I went to High School in San Diego many years ago...I just remember we would dive for abalone around La jolla and fish kelp paddies...Been way to long

alantani

i hope they will refund the deposit.  it makes for good business to do that.  so, at this point, wait for your check from the intrepid, then send me a check for $825, not the full $1650.  make sure you read through everything at the beginning of this post so that we are all on the same page.  this fresno connection is pretty funny.  did my mom call you and twist your arm?  for such a little lady, she can be very persuasive!   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Big Tim

Got it...Do you have to have a full 24 passengers for this to be a go?

alantani

yes, we do.  we should be able to make that goal.  i don't want you to take a loss on this, but there is some risk. 

Big Tim

Alan, in 51 years I've learned everything is a risk, even walking out the front door...I am confident I have hooked up with the right people...Thank you for your kindness...If a little old lady comes by me to twist my arm and says this is from Alan, I will just fall to the ground and tell her I already paid!

Ron Jones

OK,
So, I'll be honest, I'm packing my sea bag. Mostly because I have lived with a packed sea bag for the last 17 years and this time it won't be for a submarine (WOO HOO!) Alan, I know you've been on this particular boat. I'm packing very light because all I plan on doing is fishing until I fall to sleep, but I would like to know.
1. Is their a rain locker
2. Does everyone get their own rack
3. Is their hang up lockers for rain gear and such.
4. Is their hotel power (120V service) available or is everything 12 V
5. Anything weird about this particular boat we should know about so we can plan for?
Thanks
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Big Tim

Submarines! Can't say I enjoyed my ride that much, but when you serve in Groton Conn. and are a machinist you most likely will ride one or 2 for sea trials

alantani

by rain locker, if you mean showers, yes, there are three.  no separate places to hang wet clothes, but i doubt that we will have rain.  if you run out of clothes and need to wash and then dry something, the guys will likely just hang your clothes over the diesel engines until the dry.  i'm sure ron's done that a few times.  crew only allowed in the engine rooms.  the "staterooms" are more like closets with top and bottom racks, the bow cabin has four racks, no hot bunking on this boat.  i'm still mobile enough that top racks are still fine, anyone that needs a bottom bunk should let me know.  power is 120 volts.  other than that, that's it.   

well, um, don't tell anyone, but there is a double bait tank up on the bow.   ;D 

Ron Jones

Bow bait tanks are the coolest thing EVER!! YOu are always alone and have your own source of bait. THis is getting better by the second.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Alto Mare

Quote from: alantani on February 11, 2014, 01:23:05 AM
well, um, don't tell anyone, but there is a double bait tank up on the bow.   ;D 
;D ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Quote from: alantani on February 11, 2014, 01:23:05 AM..... anyone that needs a bottom bunk should let me know. 

I can climb but it hurts, if possible I'd like a bottom bunk.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Ron Jones

I am tall and like the air flow that is normally up top, but I'll sleep anywhere. Sorry, this discussion probably should have been in the "all you need to know" thread.
Ron
Ronald Jones
"

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Keta on February 11, 2014, 01:39:21 AM
Quote from: alantani on February 11, 2014, 01:23:05 AM..... anyone that needs a bottom bunk should let me know. 

I can climb but it hurts, if possible I'd like a bottom bunk.

likewise .....  :-\
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Ron Jones

WOO HOO!
Uncle Sam finally delivered, the check is in the mail!
Ron
Ronald Jones
"