all the info you need!

Started by alantani, November 22, 2013, 01:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Quote from: George4741 on November 25, 2013, 06:27:28 PM
Questions:
1.  Do we need a passport?
2.  What is the heaviest weight line recommended?  I don't plan on buying any additional tackle, as I know there will be enough to go around, but I want to know which of my gear is suitable for the trip.

George

#1. Yes, you will need a passport, get it ASAP if you don't have one now.
#2. It sounds like 40 will be the most used but they recommended an 80 for trolling.  I can bring a extra  Avet 4/0 and roller rod if you want to use one of mine. 
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

yes, passports are required.  the office will have to get visas for us as they are required for 2014.  most of your fishing will be 30, 40 and 50# rigs.  i fish mostly 40 on these trips.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

akfish

I would love to go, but it just doesn't make sense to fly down from Alaska for a six day trip. Plus I'm on a 15 day trip aboard the Red Rooster in March and should have enough fish to tide me over until the salmon arrive. If this works I'd be very interested in a longer trip of at least 8 days next year.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

will the passport card work? i'll bring a 50 lb outfit just in case... my girl friends use to call me "EVEREADY"... :D ;D

alantani

not sure what a passport card is.......
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ron Jones

A passport card is a card that allows expedited acess through border check points to Mexico and Canada. I'm not sure if they will work because you are transporting foodstuffs. Again, I am not sure. I am happy to call Navy travel and chase it down however.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

George4741

Thanks to all for the info.  There is a small chance that I can go on this trip, so we'll see....
viurem lliures o morirem

Keta

Quote from: George4741 on November 26, 2013, 02:29:14 AM
Thanks to all for the info.  There is a small chance that I can go on this trip, so we'll see....

I hope you can make it George.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Ron Jones

OK,
I am penciled in for the rooms. I technically can't reserve them until May. I can reserve 3 rooms that sleep 4 as long as 2 guys don't mind sharing a Queen size bed. The price is $74.00 a night and they are pretty nice rooms. I am penciled in for 3 rooms for Sunday and Friday. If anyone wants to get in earlier or stay later let me know. I'll stay until I get a space A flight home and that may be a few days.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

rshu

Sounds awesome Alan! Time to work on buttering up the wife...

Bucktail

This trip looks like a blast!  Wish I could swing it.  Good luck guys!
Just a jig-a-lo

Bryan Young

Quote from: rshu on December 02, 2013, 03:59:59 AM
Rog,

I don't think you will have much problem.  Your wife is a sweetheart...and if all fails, send her to Napa with her girlfriends so you can go to San Diego with the guys in return.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: Bryan Young on December 02, 2013, 09:07:19 PM
Quote from: rshu on December 02, 2013, 03:59:59 AM
Rog,

I don't think you will have much problem.  Your wife is a sweetheart...and if all fails, send her to Napa with her girlfriends so you can go to San Diego with the guys in return.

or give her enough to go on a shopping spree... :D ;D

Porthos

Hopefully, this will be the trip that moves me from medium-range to long-range. Presented the idea to the wife yesterday...will see if it pans out soon.