all the info you need!

Started by alantani, November 22, 2013, 01:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

usually the difference is the cost to cover the chartermaster.   in the case of our trip, the chartermaster is paying his own way. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

thanks much Allan T. are we good with paypal? anyways will see each other next June and will pay you if need be.

alantani

alantani

i have a couple of reels that i was going to service and offer up as raffle prizes.  i'm thinking of two "knot" challenges.  one would be a single knot contest, using the type of knot you would used to a hook, with a single main line.  you can't start with a doubled line like you see with a bimini.  the other would a "connections" challenge, testing the strength of  your connection from the spectra to the topshot.  it will be a little bit of hassle, but i will make it worth your time.   ;D

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

i, a newbie, will definitely will win both ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

Big Tim

Quote from: Mel B on March 29, 2014, 04:20:22 PM
i, a newbie, will definitely will win both ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

Mel, from one newbie to another...I will win ;D ;D ;D

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

you think so? why don't we put a side bet. maybe one of Alan T.'s gear, winner will get it and the loser will get the rest.  ;D ;D ;D

Big Tim

Mel: I'm practicing as we speak!!! Game on!!! ;D ;D ;D

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Tim, you're too late. i practiced yesterday.  ;D ;D ;D

alantani

the typical knots for a hook would be a single san diego, a double san diego, or a palomar.  i have a spool of 40# big game that we will use for the challenge.  for a topshot connection, it will be the same spool of 40# big game, plus some spectra that i will pull out.  you can use a single strand of spectra or loop from a bimini or any other means of creating a loop.  for the actual connnection to the mono, an albright, a worm or a tony pena or anything else will be fine.  start doing some research and start practicing! 

Tightlines667

A 'SanDiego' by any other name would hold as strong?
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

alantani

anything is fine.  the important thing is that scales do not lie.  actually testing your knots against a scale can be a real eye opener. 

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: alantani on March 29, 2014, 05:27:11 PM
...testing your knots against a scale...  

that's how i tested my knots/connections after learning of a new one, key word "tested".

40# big game...hum?

Aiala

Even though I'm not fortunate enough to be on the Ohana trip (this year!) I'll be using Perfection Loops on my 4-day in July. I've done well with them in the past; helps the baitfish swim freely, and a whole LOT cheaper than ringed hooks!  :)

-A-

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

alantani

check your perfection loops on a scale.  i use those knots when i want a snagged hook to break off.  i think a perfection loop is considered to be a 50% knot.