Gear For The Trip

Started by Keta, March 18, 2014, 12:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

we've always gotten the good stuff!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

SoCalAngler

Quote from: MarkT on June 04, 2014, 09:01:22 PM
The last couple of days it's been rough offshore and the counts are rat Yellowtails and not vast quantities of them.  It should pick back up in the next couple weeks or else we'll be fishing with 15-20# and getting most of the fish on the troll.

I thought you guys were doing a 5 day trip and if you are I'm sure you won't spend the whole time in the 2 day range. Cedros, Benitos islands can come into play along with some of the banks like Uncle Sam's.

Big Tim

I am ready ... I don't care where or what we fish for  ;D I got a good attitude and a new Ol' Skool rod for my Baja Special.  ;D ;D ;D 7'7" all glass Harnell, 30+ rod W/Penn Baja Special, full of P-Line 40#...That should make you  ;D

Keta

What lures should I bring for trolling?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Porthos

Quote from: Keta on June 06, 2014, 02:04:04 PM
What lures should I bring for trolling?

The standard would be plugs and feathers:

If it saves you the hassle of bringing some, you borrow any of these since I can't use them all at the same time. You can also replace the leader on any you choose to use just for peace of mind.

maxpowers

Just an FYI,

Our Local Big 5 Sporting Goods stores are having a pretty decent sales.  I picked up a displayed Talica 16II for $353 out the door.  The sales ends Saturday.

Dominick

Spirit of Adventure enthusiasts, I met Alan at the range (we got some shooting in) I dropped off the Tank and a rod.  Anyone and everyone on the trip should try it out.  It is a fine reel.  Have fun with it as I have had over several trips.  Its gotten, tuna, marlin, dorado and rooster fish and perform flawlessly.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Big Tim

Quote from: Dominick on June 06, 2014, 11:31:35 PM
Spirit of Adventure enthusiasts, I met Alan at the range (we got some shooting in) I dropped off the Tank and a rod.  Anyone and everyone on the trip should try it out.  It is a fine reel.  Have fun with it as I have had over several trips.  Its gotten, tuna, marlin, dorado and rooster fish and perform flawlessly.  Dominick

Went to the Range in Fresno last week and shot my .357 and a few rentals...Went off with a Ruger 22/45 at full distance left & right handed.Had a big smile till the CHP showed up with a .44 mag and hit 6 for 6  bulls eyes form 40' left and right handed  :o I FEEL PROTECTED FOR SURE  ;D

Dominick

I forgot to mention that I had planned to take the reel on my Baja trip 6/10-17 but the trip overlapped with the SOA so I won't get to use it this month but I'll take it when I go back in November.  Tim I do alright for an old guy.  The funny thing is I never tried shooting left handed.  Next time.  Alan has a couple of Sigs and I rented a Glock 9mm.  The Glock was fun but I liked Alan's guns better.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

Do you want to borrow my Tank?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Big Tim

Quote from: Dominick on June 07, 2014, 12:38:11 AM
I forgot to mention that I had planned to take the reel on my Baja trip 6/10-17 but the trip overlapped with the SOA so I won't get to use it this month but I'll take it when I go back in November.  Tim I do alright for an old guy.  The funny thing is I never tried shooting left handed.  Next time.  Alan has a couple of Sigs and I rented a Glock 9mm.  The Glock was fun but I liked Alan's guns better.  Dominick
Dom: I learned to shoot leftie when I broke my right hand in the Navy. Shoot a bit of pool leftie and one handed to  ;D To fat to show off that much anymore  ;D

Dominick

Quote from: Keta on June 07, 2014, 12:41:39 AM
Do you want to borrow my Tank?
Nah, I'm good.  Thanks though.  Dominick

Big Tim

I just read all 20 pages of this thread...LMAO  :D  ;D :D ... I can only imagine what visitors of this site think of all this gear mayhem  ;D

johndtuttle

Quote from: Big Tim on June 05, 2014, 02:17:42 AM
I am ready ... I don't care where or what we fish for  ;D I got a good attitude and a new Ol' Skool rod for my Baja Special.  ;D ;D ;D 7'7" all glass Harnell, 30+ rod W/Penn Baja Special, full of P-Line 40#...That should make you  ;D

O heck yea, that's a meat stick right thar!