fish processing by five star (update - 10% off for processing)

Started by alantani, November 25, 2013, 01:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

To: alantani@yahoo.com
Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2013 3:36 PM
Subject: got a message from you

This is a message from 5starfishgirl at SenorTuna.com ( http://www.senortuna.com/main/index.php). The SenorTuna.com owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email 5starfishgirl, you can use this online form:
http://www.senortuna.com/main/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=2648

OR, by email:
mailto:yaya@san.rr.com

This is the message:

Hi Alan, this is Sarah From Five Star Fish Processing.
Here is my email address- fivestarfishprocessingservices@yahoo.com

Email me there.  I am leaving town on 11/28/13, BUT MY CREW WILL STILL BE AVAILABLE FOR ANY NEEDS.  

Please contact me through that email address if you have questions.
Thanks Alan!

Sarah

hi, sarah!  i am planning a charter on the spirit of adventure and i would like you to do the processing for us.  this will be my first attempt at actually being the charter master.  we depart on monday, june 16th, 2014.  more importantly for you, we return on saturday, june 21st.  i hope to be back at the dock at 5am.  i would like you and your crew to pull the fish straight off the boat and go straight to your processing plant to get a jump on everybody else. i want to bypass the sidewalk completely.  there may be a few guys that will want their fish whole.  they can grab theirs separately.  for the rest of us, just take the fish back to your shop, cut them up into one pound packs, toss a bunch of ice on top, and get us on the road as soon as you can!

i am going to run this trip differently, and i am not sure if this will be easier or harder for you.  i am planning on not having individual fish tagged.  we are going to fish as a team.  at the end of the trip, the fish are to be divided equally.  that will require that you separate fish according to species, weigh the entire lot and figure out a cost "per pound of filet,"  then charge accordingly.  if someone does not want to take home that much, they can pay for what ever they want.  if there is extra at the end, i will cover the cost because i will stay until everyone is done.  if there is not enough left, i guess i will be going home with less.  hopefully i will be going home with the same amount as everyone else.  

we will figure out on our own who needs to hit the road first and who can wait.  the important thing to me is that we not get stuck behind two other boats.  that is what happened to my friends on the last charter.  the charter master had everyone going to fisherman's processing and two boats got in ahead of us.  our guys did not hit the road until 2pm and they were not very happy with that.  

ok, so that's it for now.  here is a link to the discussion on the trip,  please take a look and feel free to chime in on the discussion if you have any questions or concerns.  thanks!  alan

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ron Jones

THAT IS GREAT!!
If this is your first time as Charter Master, I'd say you've thought about it a lot. It is always clear when a guide's operation has had a lot of thought put into it and the "niceties" and little things are covered. Every time their is a post about this trip I get more excited. Forget Christmas, I'm going fishing with Alan Tani !!
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

i just hope sarah has some fish for me at the end of the day!   ;D

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Alan, for a first time charter master i applaud you! as you've written before in one of your fishing reports  quote "  it is so true that a general plans for the last war..." end quote. i am very impressed...

john2244

Alan,

If Sarah does not have enough fish for you just stop by San Clemente on your way home, I will have some YFT and Wahoo for you.

John

alantani

the actual amount of fish doesn't matter that much for me.  on these trips, i rarely bring that much home.  most of it goes to my parents in fresno.  they're in their 80's.  now that my inlaws are gone, there is not that much demand in my family locally.  

Dominick

Quote from: alantani on November 25, 2013, 05:16:01 PM
the actual amount of fish doesn't matter that much for me.  on these trips, i rarely bring that much home.  most of it goes to my parents.  they're in their 80's.  now that my inlaws are gone, there is not that much demand in my family locally. 
Ahem!  This is you long lost son Domaguchi.  Tuna and Wahoo welcome. 
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

thank you for my morning chuckle!  ;D

john2244

Domaguchi, where have you been ?  !!!  I will have YFT and Wahoo for you.

John

Ron Jones

I'll probably hang out until the last guy leaves. All I do when I am in area is annoy the guys on the docks. I'm also not sure if I can fly a cooler space-A, so you'll have plenty of fish, Alan. You may end up with all of mine.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

conchydong

Quote from: noyb72 on November 25, 2013, 07:48:13 PM
I'll probably hang out until the last guy leaves. All I do when I am in area is annoy the guys on the docks. I'm also not sure if I can fly a cooler space-A, so you'll have plenty of fish, Alan. You may end up with all of mine.
Ron

5 Star will freeze your fish, pack it in insulated containers and ship. If you live near an airport that SW Airlines flies into, their freight charge for tuna isn't too bad. I've had them send me fish to Florida and the product was fully frozen upon arrival and lasts up to a year in a chest freezer at home.

alantani

Quote from: conchydong on November 25, 2013, 08:00:16 PM
Quote from: noyb72 on November 25, 2013, 07:48:13 PM
Ron

5 Star will freeze your fish, pack it in insulated containers and ship. If you live near an airport that SW Airlines flies into, their freight charge for tuna isn't too bad. I've had them send me fish to Florida and the product was fully frozen upon arrival and lasts up to a year in a chest freezer at home.

yeah, thought about that.  if you are flying out, your fish wil have to be vacuum-packed last, then frozen overnight, then shipped out air freight the next day. 

alantani

QuoteAlan,

Give me the holiday to think about it.  My employees and I need to come up with a game plan. Here are some things we will definately need form you:
The boat NEEDS to arrive by 5:00am.  (First boat to hit the docks gets first processing).
We need to know how many lbs or fish each person wants.  
We need to know how many people will be needing processing.

June is very busy and unpredictable.  We want to make sure we can have you leave happy and not screw it up... but we also need you to understand processing an entire boats fish takes time.  FP being done by 2:00pm was reasonable.  Especially if there were other boats ahead of you.  

Another option to think about- we can hold anyones fish up to 30 days in our freezer after it is vacuum packed.  We can also box and ship anyones fish.  Just some ideas.

If you have any other ideas or questions please email or call me.

Fishy wishes,

Sarah & the 5 Star gang
(619)299-9996
www.fivestarfishprocessing.com
fivestarfishprocessingservices@yahoo.com
or on Facebook @
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Five-Star-Fish-Processing/108862309159287

Bryan Young

Quote from: alantani on November 25, 2013, 05:16:01 PM
the actual amount of fish doesn't matter that much for me.  on these trips, i rarely bring that much home.  most of it goes to my parents in fresno.  they're in their 80's.  now that my inlaws are gone, there is not that much demand in my family locally.  
ahem, Uncle Alan...
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

bryan, just explain to your wife that you will be bring home 150 pounds of filet and it will cost you $10 per pound.  that way you can come on the trip.