Seeker Blank Closeout from Anglers Workshop

Started by Bryan Young, May 16, 2013, 04:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Quote from: bluefish69 on December 01, 2013, 12:09:17 AM
I have a 8' - 50-80 that I use up North in 300'+ water. That is a Forester all glass that is made by Rainshodow.

I will whrite this down & check next week. I forgot what I paid him for the United Composite XXL.

Mike
I'm serious about this Mike. Thanks for checking Buddy! Maybe I'll stop ribbing you so much. ;)
Life is Good!

Ron Jones

When the Navy doesn't have me on the other side of the planet I live right down the road from Rainshadow. I'm going home in a couple weeks and see what their price is on heavier blanks.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shark Hunter

That was on of the Biggest reasons I got out. I did my time, kept my nose clean and went on my way with an Honorable Discharge. I had a hard time never knowing where I was going to be sent when I got up in the morning.
I think Batson makes some good Blanks. I'm just looking for a Builder to put me one together Ron.
6'6" 80 to 130 lb with a unibutt for a 14/0.
Life is Good!

floating doc

For a beach shark rod, obviously.  What guides, and foregrip?
Central Florida

Ron Jones

Oh, sorry, my post was insufficient.
Right down the road from Batson is their retail shop. It is one of those weird arrangements where they are not affiliated but have direct access to the factories inventory. They do classes from time to time and also take custom orders. Last time I checked their price was very reasonable. In fact they have a great steelhead rod that they wrap on sight and sell at a price lower than the components retail price.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shark Hunter

No rollers, Some Fuji guides would be fine. I just want a wide one closest to the reel. Nothing fancy on the foregrip, just something that won't get slippery when wet.
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 01, 2013, 07:05:55 AM
Quote from: Bunnlevel Sharker on November 30, 2013, 10:01:20 PM
Daron, get Davin to set you up with what you need. It might cost more but worth every penny
I'm Sorry Grayson, but Davin doesn't work for cheap. I offered him 5 hun and he told me he didn't work for minimum wage. I consider Davin a Friend, but I'm not paying $700 for a $350 worth of parts for a nice Build. Alex quoted me $400 for one of his Beserker Rods. He makes some Killer Builds.
I know, he could easily support himself and his wife on just rod building. Have you considered building it yourself?
Grayson Lanier

Shark Hunter

I thought about it. I really don't need another hobby. ;)
Life is Good!

Bunnlevel Sharker

For the fore grip try corp finished with a x wrap then shrink wrapped over :o it looks so amazing
Grayson Lanier