New calcutta 101 jdm

Started by fritz1, December 09, 2013, 12:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fritz1

Hi
Youre right there are spacer, but nowhere near metal or copper. It seems to be carbon. I guess  Something is wrong with the spool assembly.
Thx fritz

philaroman

Quote from: fritz1 on December 23, 2013, 05:29:11 PM
Youre right there are spacer, but nowhere near metal or copper. It seems to be carbon...

you're describing Spacer (B); YOUR REEL IS MISSING Spacer (A) !!!

look at the schematics for Calcutta 101B & 101GT (or ANY decent Shimano baitcaster):

fritz1

Hi,
We are talking about the calcutta d 101 and i have only got a japanese schematic  for  this one . The calcutta 201d uses the same construction, missing metal pads on the shaft ends as well .
Thx fritz

philaroman

I'm completely befuddled, then.  US-model Calcutta 200D are the only available schematics & cast control is same as the older reels -- two spacers in the cap (BNT2224, BNT1696)

fritz1

Hi
Yes there are carbon spacer. Could they create the noise?
Any calcutta d users around?
Thx fritz

philaroman

1) Could you please take a look at a US-model Calcutta schematic that's readily available at fish.shimano.com (101B, 101GT, 200D...  doesn't matter -- same friction Cast Control in all of them).  What's different in your reel & schematic -- specifically, the few parts immediately inside the Cast Control knob?  I'm very curious.  As I understand, the part that comes in direct contact with the tip of the spool shaft & slows rotation through minute friction, must be hard, smooth and wear-resistant -- i.e., metal.  Maybe some kind of ceramic is the new "step up", but I can't fathom how it could be carbon.

2) I took a quick look on TackleTour -- they have quite a bit on USDM/JDM Calcutta D & their Forum is THE place for English-speaking JDM junkies...  couldn't find any mention of a change in Shimano's friction Cast Control & I would think something like that would be discussed ad nauseam.  BTW, you may want to ask there.

fritz1

Hi,
I checked a scorpion xt and it has the same black pads installed. It seems to be a jdm thing then. But it doesnt make any noise, and my calcutta does. It has to be the spool assembly or the bearings.
I'll be back soon :)
Btw. Happy new year