where on the boat do yall like to be?

Started by pcde123, December 13, 2013, 05:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

First off I just want to be on a boat for fishing purposes only. While fishing I normally fish the starboard rear corner. I have read a lot of comments about sea sickness and I have never understood it much. I think people think themselves sick most of the time but for me it is a joy to be on the boat so how can one possibly get sick out in nature catching fish on a beautiful ocean. I have had guys chumming right next to me and I keep my line maneuvered in that slick to catch more fish.  ;D

Alto Mare

For the type of fishing we do in Jersey, I've noticed that most of the fish get caught on the shaded side of my boat.  :-\. That's where my rod would be ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

BMITCH

Quote from: Newell Nut on December 20, 2013, 11:46:22 AM
First off I just want to be on a boat for fishing purposes only. While fishing I normally fish the starboard rear corner. I have read a lot of comments about sea sickness and I have never understood it much. I think people think themselves sick most of the time but for me it is a joy to be on the boat so how can one possibly get sick out in nature catching fish on a beautiful ocean. I have had guys chumming right next to me and I keep my line maneuvered in that slick to catch more fish.  ;D

I'm sure we ALL have victory at sea stories. The fact is under the right conditions we can all get a little " mal de mare" . I've had the pleasure of fishing in the NE canyons in November in 10' to 14' seas. You could almost hear the swells coming! No problems with getting sick. Also been out in very nice conditions and couldn't wait to get back to the dock. Point being...what ever works for you is great, just go fish!
luck is the residue of design.

day0ne

Quote from: BMITCH on December 20, 2013, 11:33:10 AM
Really I want to be in the spot that's catching fish :o ;D

That is the spot next to me. The person in that spot always catches fish. I don't but they do.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Alto Mare

Quote from: mrbrklyn on December 20, 2013, 01:23:09 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on December 20, 2013, 11:57:32 AM
For the type of fishing we do in Jersey, I've noticed that most of the fish get caught on the shaded side of my boat.  :-\. That's where my rod would be ;D

maybe not this month.  When it is 19 degrees, being on the sunny side of the boat is a good thing.
;D ;D...right you are ;)

Bob, I've been out to the canyons a couple of times. The last time we got caught in 16'swells, not fun, but I never got sick. :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

saltydog

Well I prefer to be on the boat, and I will catch fish. Never lock yourself into a spot and be patient. If you are on a boat with googans your just burnin time but if you have a boat full of experienced fisherman you will find that they all work together to catch fish. They hookup and move with the fish so make your move ,hookup and move along. On a big fish you wont be in that spot too long.
Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur

BMITCH

I'm with saltydog on this one. If you have experienced fisher persons there usually isnt much of an issue as far as rail position is concerned.
luck is the residue of design.