Starting a screw

Started by jcat, December 14, 2013, 05:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harryk3616

if you don't have a locking slide screwdriver, a tweezer or a very small needle nose pliers would work just fine

TomT

Why dont you just start it with your fingers? Alot easier than using adhesive imo

Because in your 70's your hands/fingers are not as steady as you kids!!  ;D
TomT

jonnou

Blu tack is a brand name for a substance that is like bubble gum. You use it to stick pictures to the wall it is adhesive but lo tack. It wont stick to the paint just peels off .  A little bit is great for small fiddly screws and it is no problem to remove. You just use a bigger lump to catch it. Im sure there must be an equivelent product In the States. If not let me Know!

harryk3616

go on line or ebay,   vaco  or klein make the slotted screw drivers, can't tell you how many times a day i use mine when working on reels.   when installing a side plate, reel stand, etc   have the screwdriver loaded with a screw ready to go , it reely makes life easy.

Marcq

I have been using that tool for a long time on electronics and works perfect on reels too

Marc..

Unutt

Ditto on the grease, especially on Phillips heads.  Slotted heads I usually pitch and replace with Phillips.

The yellow screw starter in one of the earlier posts looks interesting.  I like that I can just keep driving once the screw starts if I attach it to the screw driver with grease.
So many reels, so little time.