Penn113H & ProGear454/440/441/545/541/YTS - 7+1 Drag System - $39 shipped in US

Started by Bryan Young, December 18, 2013, 06:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

For those who love the smaller and yet very strong 113H (4/0 High Speed), yet desire higher drags to compliment the great Stainless Steel Penn gears or the aftermarket Black Pearl, Newell, or Accurate Stainless Steel Gears, this set is designed for you.  Improve your 5 + 1 drag system by moving up to a 7 + 1 drag system for a smoother drag with increased stopping power.  

The System includes:

3 - Thin and hardened stainless steel eared washers
4 - Thin and hardened stainless steel keyed washers
2 - Carbontex carbon fiber drag washers (thick)
5 - Carbontex carbon fiber drag washers (thin)
1 - Carbontex undergear drag washer

Price:  $39 per kit shipped in the USA.  Please send me a PM along with your email address and I'll send you a paypal invoice.

And for those who want to play and create their own drag system, loose metal washers are also available at $3 each plus shipping.  Please specify the number of Keyed or Eared you would like to order.

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

sundaytrucka

I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

LTM

Bryan,

Have you determined how much drag one can safely (without destroying gears etc) get from this system yet?

Thanx,

Leo

broadway

Leo,
    I don't think you'll use the 113h in a situation over 25lbs. of constant drag, which this reel with all upgrades can definitely handle.
If you were gonna need more use the 114h/115 with the upgrades then you're good for 35lbs+ safely.
Hope that helped but the actual numbers would depend on the amount of upgrades added.
Dom

LTM

Dom,

Im reminded of past occasions when fishing "home guard" yellow tails in the 40#+ range at San Clemente and Catalina islands (so cal waters) when one would need to button-down the drags to stop the fish from "instantly" rocking you and cutting off your line. Thankfully Ive got all the upgrades for my 113h's (except this one) and my concern now is poping/breaking my line from my old habit of button-down on my star drag. I guess I will have to re-train myself and use caution in the future. I dont plan to use max drag with this drag configuration (only in my 113h standard not yts) but I do look forward to the smoothness that this should provide plus knowing that my drags are not maxed-out for the sake of reliability.

Leo

broadway

Well, I figure if you buttoned it down when ya had 15lbs of drag, there should be no need to button her down with 25.  Gotta love having all that drag behind ya ;) it's like a race car driver with all them horses underneath 'em.
Dom

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Bryan Young

Hi Everyone.

The drag kits cost $35 shipped in the USA if pay check, PM me before sending me your money to make sure kits are available.   

If you would rather pay via paypal, the price is $37/set to cover the paypal fees.

International orders, only paypal is acceptable for payment, and shipping price will be added to paypal invoice.

I currently have 12 kits available.  Unfortunately, the inserts were mis-printed (my error), and needs to be re-printed.

PM me if you are interested.

Thank you,
Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

BMITCH

Bryan Young

Please let me know how your new drag kits perform in real fishing applications.  I'm getting tired running across the park to test the kits out.  At least I'm getting exercise  lol.

BMITCH

Got them in the mail today!! They look nice. Right now the temp outside is around -5 so unless I go ice fishing those drags won't be tested until next summer. I can dream though :)

Bryan Young

I added a photo of the Drag kit to the first post so you can see what you are buying.

Thank you.