Penn113H & ProGear454/440/441/545/541/YTS - 7+1 Drag System - $39 shipped in US

Started by Bryan Young, December 18, 2013, 06:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Quote from: PacificSlayer on March 26, 2017, 03:39:34 AM
What tools do I need to do these upgrades on my Penn 113h2lh 4/0?

A handle but wrench ( one should have been included with your reel) and a screw driver ( should be a parts of the same tool).

I can grease the drag washers for you if you don't have drag grease.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

PacificSlayer

That might be a good idea I will let you know when I order one. Do you use penn reel grease ?

Bryan Young

Quote from: PacificSlayer on March 26, 2017, 07:27:49 PM
That might be a good idea I will let you know when I order one. Do you use penn reel grease ?
I use Cal's universal and drag grease
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

swill88

Got my sets Bryan, thanks!

Steve

Bryan Young

Fish67

Hi Bryan - I sent you a PM. Looking to purchase one set. Are they still available? Thanks!

Bryan Young

Quote from: Fish67 on April 28, 2017, 10:03:11 PM
Hi Bryan - I sent you a PM. Looking to purchase one set. Are they still available? Thanks!

I'm currently sold out. I'm waiting for parts. They have been back ordered. ETA mid May.

handi2

Bryan I think I have plenty of the metal sets. I will check tomorrow and see.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Fish67

Bryan - Please save me a set and also one of your 5+1 set for a penn 140.  :) Thank you!

Bryan Young

I don't have the carbontex washers in 0.030" thick. Smoothdrag is cutting more washers for my kits.

Bryan Young

The good news, SmoothDrag has my washers restocked and I will be able to put the kits together shortly. Thank you everyone for your patience.

On a separate note, I haven't been on here very much. I got into a little car accident and they totaled my car. I have been crazily looking for a replacement and hope I will find my replacement car this weekend.   Wish me luck. Every car I'm interested in gets snagged even before I can see it. Luck luck luck. 

Things will get normal shortly, I so hope.

Thank you,
Bryan

Fish67

awesome news.

Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope you find a good deal on a car.

Darin Crofton

I have five 541's and two 441's that I'd like to get drag kits for. Also is there any other upgrades to these reels that you can recommend? Thank you!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

Rancanfish

Darin,  if you really want to find all the upgrades for those reels, read thru the ProGear section.  Lots of info to be found. Anything that can be done to a 113h can be done to the PG's you mention.

Stainless gear sets, gear sleeves, drag upgrades, etc.  I love these reels.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.